• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

batman_fan's cracks open the warchest for the start of his major purchases (OT)

40 posts in this topic

Well, I have cut way back on my purchases for several years for a few reasons. First, comics have lost some of that "loving feeling" but even more important, I locked in on something I really wanted to add to my collection. Well today, I closed the deal on my purchase. Without further delay I present the start of my personal distillery. :banana:

exclusive_300l.jpg

Don't know exactly what I'm lookin' at, but sure is shiny!

configurable still for distilling mash into some type of spirit (alcohol) for human consumption. Exact alcohol produced is a function of the starting material used for the mash. (thumbs u

How much electricity to run that thing? 1.21 gigwatts?

Can it make Bailys Irish Cream? I have a weak spot for that stuff... [/quote

It is actually steam driven from a boiler. Fairly energy efficient. You can't make bailey's directly but you can produce the base alcohol that allows you to make a bailey's type product. I won't be making that. :sorry:

Just a quick note. I am not doing this in my home. I have set up a business and will be operating out of a legal distillery. (thumbs u

How much electricity to run that thing? 1.21 gigwatts?

Can it make Bailys Irish Cream? I have a weak spot for that stuff... [/quote

It is actually steam driven from a boiler. Fairly energy efficient. You can't make bailey's directly but you can produce the base alcohol that allows you to make a bailey's type product. I won't be making that. :sorry:

Just a quick note. I am not doing this in my home. I have set up a business and will be operating out of a legal distillery. (thumbs u

aahh steam doh! Well again, a very impressive machine! I remember the first time I went to a micro brew and saw something similar. I certainly hope you are successful so you can eventually replace some of the war-chest.

One random thought I had that is half serious and half joking, wouldn't it be cool if you could get Bernie Wrightson to draw a big 11x17 splash page type sketch that parodies you and your machine in the swampy back woods... maybe even have swamp thing and cain from house of secrets walking away w whisky holders marked XXX.. a nice art piece you can frame up and hang in your business.

I have been working on this for over 4 years. The thing that is most amazing to me is how my business plans has changed and morphed over time from what it was originally to now. I wish I could say I am doing this full time, but I won't be. I just make way too much money at my current job that I can't walk away right now, but this is going to be a fun ride !