• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Winners Revealed - Wizard Magazine Top 10 Hottest Comics (20 Years of Data)

43 posts in this topic

Kind of embarrassing.

Not really.I expected this kind of result. This is why I want comic books aimed at mainstream instead of the niche audience its been aimed at for these past 20 years.

Once digital comics make comics mainstream again it will release comic books from the shackals of its niche audience that controls want kind of comics we have to endure reading.

The new 52 is a prime example of what the niche audience wants with Catwoman being a good representative.

Interesting point!

facepalm-Godzilla.jpg

+1 If all of these "blockbuster" movies haven't helped comic books go mainstream...I don't really see digital helping that much. I'd also like to know when he thinks the last time comics were mainstream. I've been reading / collecting since the late 1970's and the only time I can think of where they came close is when Miller did his interview with Rolling Stone when DKR was happening.

And no...I don't count articles that start out " wham, pow! look at how much these old comics are worth"!