• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Able Auctions in Canada

8 posts in this topic

Did anybody bid on anything here or win anything? They had over 60,000 comic books with a lot of gold and silver.

I was bidding on the VAMPIRELLA #1 (1969) -40 IN 4 BOUND VOLUMES, but it went for $142 US.

http://bid.ableauctions.ca/VAMPIRELLA-1-1969-40-IN-4-BOUND-VOLUMES_i15745058

EERIE CGC LOT 1972 ANNUAL 9.4 (NM)

http://bid.ableauctions.ca/EERIE-CGC-LOT-1972-ANNUAL-9-4-NM_i15745082

And more.

I guess, from the new from last night, that this was the largest auction in Canada and from a single owner. A lot of people showed up. I was bidding on line. I wish I could have gone.

Sorry, didn't see that post and I was looking for one.

I placed bids a couple weeks ago. It was on the news last night and it showed people looking through the books. Wish I was there.

Bids at Able were strong on the Sat. compared to eBay or Ostreet.

Your hammer price on the bound Vampi hard cover mag set is wrong, as a Toronto lawyer who flew in to Vancouver bid about $950. U only :baiting: quoted the Vampi's 15% buyer's premium in post # 1.

Hammer prices softer on the Sunday, as ppl ran out of $$. Bulk lots of mixed comics in 'mystery' short boxes averaged $50/box + b.p. + tax sold to retailers, flippers restocking. No Death of Superman speculator overstock.

(thumbs u Winning bids were int'l too. e.g. Texas, Spokane WA, Denmark.

Greggy got a smoking deal on the HOH and Heidi in my opinion. I was pretty shocked at how hi a lot of stuff went though, common bronze runs and such. I took a run at a couple magazines but they weren't anything I was really going after or had them already so I was aggressive at all. I ended up walking away with nothing.