• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's a "crime" not to post em... Post your favourite Biro covers

164 posts in this topic

I'm constantly amazed at the amount of amazing covers Charles Biro has been able to produce. We all know him for his classic "crime", Silver Streak, Daredevil and many MLJ covers so lets see some of your favourites. I'll start it off. If this has been done already I apologize. I did a search and could not find a thread.

DDBHcgc6_5owwGood_zps6349fd21.jpg

As you might expect given my screen name, I am a big Biro fan. Once I finish my Boy Comics run, I am seriously considering putting together a set of Biro covers featuring women wearing red dresses. He really seemed to be into that - I'm guessing he thought the red dresses would really pop on these covers. And he's absolutely right.

Here's a terrible picture of some of the ones I already have:

SAM_0016.jpg

My favorite Biro cover is one of the four issues of Boy I don't have yet, though, so I can't really post it :cry: namely issue #10.

I'll try to take some better pictures to add to this thread.

not many in my collection, but i do love his stuff.

Boy24-2.jpg

ddhitler.jpg

:applause:

:applause::applause:

Originally I wanted to make a Daredevil Battles Hitler thread but I thought we'd see more great covers this way. Thanks for posting, awesome copies.

I was going to post Boy #17 and #24 as well, those are great copies :applause:

Since mine look like birdcage liner compared to yours, I'll just skip them. But here are some mf my other favorite Biro covers from Boy Comics. Warning: Low grade comics incoming!

SAM_0606.jpg

SAM_0623.jpg

SAM_0617.jpg

SAM_0624.jpg