• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your newest Pedigrees!!!
7 7

3,123 posts in this topic

The real :o is how much I paid for it (raw purchase from PCEI). :gossip:

Man, those were the days to be a comic collector. :devil:

Yeah, you made out big time (worship) What were the other issues besides 51 and 55?

Bob: I would have had the WM equivalent of the FF #36 but it sold for a ridiculous price of $2800 on Comic Connect in February and it was only a 9.4 white pager...I guess that makes your PC copy a $10,000+ book in relative terms doesn't it? :)

Jim

The real :o is how much I paid for it (raw purchase from PCEI). :gossip:

Man, those were the days to be a comic collector. :devil:

Yeah, you made out big time (worship) What were the other issues besides 51 and 55?

Noticed that the original listing of the Pacific Coast FF run is no longer available from the old thread I started, so thought I'd re-post it for all to see. The listing from Pacific Comic Exchange is incredible for the consistently extraordinary quality of the issues and, of course, for the pricing of the collection in '99, the year before CGC came into existence. As you can see, the FF36 I recently posted was listed for the 3x Overstreet price of $200! In addition to it, the FFs I bought were the 12,33,51 and 55.

From left to right, the first number is the PCEI book identifier, the second is the numerical grade, and the third is page quality (white pages ranged from a perfect 0 to 3.0, offwhite was about a 4.0, and cream-to-offwhite a 4.5). Robert Roter was ahead of his time not only with price bidding, but also in making the effort to list the page quality of every offering on his website. The "OO" stood for original owner, the name Roter assigned to the collection before calling it the Pacific Coast.

PCFFlist.jpg

Here's a Winnepeg that I unknowingly owned..........Namisgr saw it in the Strange Tales appreciation thread and clued me in. apparently SNE called it a NM 94 way back when, the seller called it a 6.5 and i'm thinking it's an 8.0 - go figure................

Originally Posted By: Burntboy

A Torch/Thing and Dr Strange cover;

Javits004.jpg

I have two more books to add to the thread.

OhioAvengers4.jpg

and courtesy our own namisgr

WMJIM91.jpg

Jim

Nice stuff Jim! Love the Avengers 4!! :applause:

Hey tell all your Canadian friends that my Flyers are coming up to Montreal on Saturday to take the series! :devil: