• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your newest Pedigrees!!!
7 7

3,123 posts in this topic

Thanks!

As for the 9.4 grade, while the corners are very nice, they wouldn't poke your eye out, you know? There's also the lightest of color-breaking creases in the spine below the MCG logo and a little wear lower lhc. Gorgeous book though, I think. It's a tight 9.4, while the WM Thor 127 is a little on the soft side grade-wise--no less beautiful though!

Adams' take on Ka-Zar on this cover is perfect with the lava vapors in the background and the name burned into the rock, not to mention the cool colors.

Great book and I love the fact that Dennis's name is NOT WRITTEN on the TOP.

(thumbs up

sumo.gif

I like the Patchwork Pedigree Run attempt. But for fun, let's disallow anyone from participating who has one of the top three registry sets for the book we choose. And I'd like us to consider the Burntboy/Sid's Luncheonette collection an unofficial pedigree for this project.

Well, maybe Doug can start us off with Avengers #1.

These are the two GR Green Rivers I bought from Greggy earlier this year. I was actually surprised that the 62 didn't grade higher. I have to call for the notes.

b&b61big.jpg

More nice books, all. It's nice to see some gorgeous DCs on this thread, as with some pedigrees they simply don't show up very often, if at all. The Northland collection comes to mind - I remember Motor City listing a bunch of them about 6 years ago, but they seem to very rarely appear for sale.

Same old, same old, with another Marvel-ous Northland book with a cool Kirby cover. In retrospect, do you think Stan and Jack may have had Gimli in mind when they came up with the Prince of Trolls?

658911-Thor137.jpg

658911-Thor137.jpg.8090a6a4d60e02a7da664edfae1235d7.jpg

Very nice TTA. I just sold the CGC 9.2 Western Penn.

Red Hook - Keep the DC's coming (even if they do have a date stamp).

Actually, it's not so much that I don't like the GR date stamp, but it's where the date stamp is, that usually bothers me (i.e. in the middle of the book).

I do have a number of a number of White Mountains with the two digit year, and as long as it is right under the issue number, it doesn't bother me. Other WM that have the year in the middle of the book, bother me.

I'm up to 17 different pedigrees now and I still need a Green River, Oakland, Winnipeg, Mile High 2 (I guess it is a pedigree, blah), so I should be over 20 different ones in the next few months. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Steve, you're absolutely correct about the date stamps on the GRs. The owner of the store that stamped them, always seemed to pick the most obvious place, and terrible place, to stamp them. From his point of view I can see why, but it doesn't help the look when it's right in the middle of a face! frustrated.gif

I have more unslabbed DCs, that I will post over time.

As for the 9.4 grade, while the corners are very nice, they wouldn't poke your eye out, you know? There's also the lightest of color-breaking creases in the spine below the MCG logo and a little wear lower lhc. Gorgeous book though, I think. It's a tight 9.4, while the WM Thor 127 is a little on the soft side grade-wise--no less beautiful though!

If you're going to be this honest about your books, you're in the wrong forum. tongue.gif

Seriously though, nice books. thumbsup2.gif