• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your newest Pedigrees!!!
7 7

3,123 posts in this topic

Well its no wondering why Northlands would be your faves, Steve, with a stunner like that one! Just stick with the early to mid '60s books - I can tell you from firsthand experience that the later Silver and early Bronze, while still nice, do not have as good color preservation as the earlier part of the collection.

I've heard that several times. SInce I believe my newest Northland is 1968, that's probably why I haven't seen the "less desireable" copies yet.

BTW: Nice pickup on the GL #16. Went for a bargain price compared to other sales. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Didn't want to jack the price up (since my guess was you would outbid me anyway).

thumbsup2.gif

Yeah,

The Dallas Stephen Collection is NOT a PEDIGREE. It is a collection of books and in general, really adds no value to the book.

The difference between a pedigree and collection is that the pedigree came from one source (being the original owner or file copy of the publisher or even a warehouse find). What makes them special (to most collectors) is the uniformity in the preservation of the books.

Collections are just like what you and I have, and therefore don't share the uniformity in preservation. Yes, they might be in high grade, but that's because they were BOUGHT in High Grade, just like you just did.

Of course THAT'S a nice book so thumbsup2.gif

It's not a Mile High Pedigree.

There are two pedigrees that have Mile High in them.

One Edgar Chruch / Mile High which is the premiere GA pedigree.

Mile High II which was a warehouse find of SA/BA books and is considered a very weak pedigree (even though if all the books were put back together it would be the largest by far).

True PEDIGREES will have the name on the RIGHT SIDE of the LABEL.

It's not a Mile High Pedigree.

There are two pedigrees that have Mile High in them.

One Edgar Chruch / Mile High which is the premiere GA pedigree.

Mile High II which was a warehouse find of SA/BA books and is considered a very weak pedigree (even though if all the books were put back together it would be the largest by far).

True PEDIGREES will have the name on the RIGHT SIDE of the LABEL.

Yep!

White Mountain (1)

Western Penn (2)

Boston (7)

Pacific Coast (1)

Green River (1)

Northland (2)

Mass (1)

and, yes, Mile High II (1 I'm keeping, 2 doubles I'm selling on Pedigree)

I've got 32 out of 34 between 135-168 with 18 9.4's and 14 9.6's. Upgrade when I can... I love this run! cloud9.gif