• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your newest Pedigrees!!!
7 7

3,123 posts in this topic

Thought I would start a thread.

Show your newest Pedigrees.

Well, all I can say is: isn't Bangzoom doing this on an almost daily basis on the boards here. thumbsup2.gif

He certainly does have a lot of the board members in a frenzy with his fresh never before seen collection that is worth possibly millions of dollars. Probably will be one of the top pedigrees of all time if he ever decides to grade them. cloud9.gif

Seems to be the first thread that a lot of board members now check on a daily basis as he slowly reveals them one photo at a time.

Leaving the DC's for a moment, here are a couple of Caps from the Boston collection, 109 and 110 (both in CGC 9.8 with white pages). cloud9.gif

Cap109CGC9.jpg

Cap110CGC9.jpg

oh man! talk about beautiful looking books!

i swear i thought i heard the church choir signing when i saw those images.

Well, all I can say is: isn't Bangzoom doing this on an almost daily basis on the boards here. thumbsup2.gif

He certainly does have a lot of the board members in a frenzy with his fresh never before seen collection that is worth possibly millions of dollars. Probably will be one of the top pedigrees of all time if he ever decides to grade them. cloud9.gif

Seems to be the first thread that a lot of board members now check on a daily basis as he slowly reveals them one photo at a time.

confused.gif

confused.gif

DL;

Well, I guess it's quite obvious you just have to expand your horizons a little instead of slumming all the time in the Comics General section of these boards. 27_laughing.gif

Bang has been giving the board members a visual tour of his orginal owner collection which he picked up back in '73 for the princely sum of $7,500. Approximately 1,000 HG very early HTF GA books. All stacked up in his basement in cheap little plastic bags. 893whatthe.gif

Included are minty fresh runs of All-American from #3 onwards including the ever popular AA #16 which must be worth a couple hundred grand. Also possibly the nicest unrestored copy of Adventure Comics #40 which should also be hitting 6 figures. Also got a run of Peps from #1 onwards, including the high in demand #22 with the first appearance of Archie. cloud9.gif

You should understand that raw copies of these books such as Pep #23 are going for almost 5X guide in raw condition on eBay. This is especially significant considering how CGC-centric and HG focussed this market seems to be. Goes to prove that if you have the right books, they'll always be able to fetch good money, even without the CGC brand. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Our little visit to his treasure trove have also revealed HG sightings of hot hot pre-Robin run of 'Tec books along with many early HTF Cenaturs and Fox books. An once in a lifetime dream to see some of these books in this type of condition. It's like going through the Gerber Photjournal, except it's all there sitting in little piles for him to go through and read. cloud9.gif

Sounds like we are about to see some sightings of HG Timelys pretty soon. I guess eventually he'll get around to his unrestored 'Tec 27 and Supes #1. Can't wait for the next episode as this seems to be the must see thread of the year so far. thumbsup2.gif

confused.gif

DL;

Well, I guess it's quite obvious you just have to expand your horizons a little instead of slumming all the time in the Comics General section of these boards. 27_laughing.gif

Bang has been giving the board members a visual tour of his orginal owner collection which he picked up back in '73 for the princely sum of $7,500. Approximately 1,000 HG very early HTF GA books. All stacked up in his basement in cheap little plastic bags. 893whatthe.gif

Included are minty fresh runs of All-American from #3 onwards including the ever popular AA #16 which must be worth a couple hundred grand. Also possibly the nicest unrestored copy of Adventure Comics #40 which should also be hitting 6 figures. Also got a run of Peps from #1 onwards, including the high in demand #22 with the first appearance of Archie. cloud9.gif

You should understand that raw copies of these books such as Pep #23 are going for almost 5X guide in raw condition on eBay. This is especially significant considering how CGC-centric and HG focussed this market seems to be. Goes to prove that if you have the right books, they'll always be able to fetch good money, even without the CGC brand. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Our little visit to his treasure trove have also revealed HG sightings of hot hot pre-Robin run of 'Tec books along with many early HTF Cenaturs and Fox books. An once in a lifetime dream to see some of these books in this type of condition. It's like going through the Gerber Photjournal, except it's all there sitting in little piles for him to go through and read. cloud9.gif

Sounds like we are about to see some sightings of HG Timelys pretty soon. I guess eventually he'll get around to his unrestored 'Tec 27 and Supes #1. Can't wait for the next episode as this seems to be the must see thread of the year so far. thumbsup2.gif

I suppose that's why I stay in Comics General. confused-smiley-013.gif

Newest Western Penn Arrival
hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Deathlok;

Totally hilarious as after 20,000+ posts, you get all excited over a 9.2 Iron Man #1, and yet don't know what a high grade All-American #16 or an Adventure #40 is. screwy.gif

Makes as much sense as a newbie collector rushing in and trampling over 9.6 copies of Fantastic Four #1 or Journey into Mystery #83 so they can get their hands on the 9.2 copy of Spawn #1 or Ultimate Spidey #1. 27_laughing.gif

Newest Western Penn Arrival
hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Deathlok;

Totally hilarious as after 20,000+ posts, you get all excited over a 9.2 Iron Man #1, and yet don't know what a high grade All-American #16 or an Adventure #40 is. screwy.gif

Makes as much sense as a newbie collector rushing in and trampling over 9.6 copies of Fantastic Four #1 or Journey into Mystery #83 so they can get their hands on the 9.2 copy of Spawn #1 or Ultimate Spidey #1. 27_laughing.gif

foreheadslap.gifscrewy.gif