• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Little Lulu

72 posts in this topic

The early LL Four Colors seem to go for a good buck, although I don't know whether it's more or less than they sold for years ago.  I only recently started paying attention to them, more because of my interest in FCs than my interest in LLs.  I do remember reading them as a kid and liking them.  They were my second favorite non-superhero books after the Barks Duck books.  I did try reading some not too long ago and they don't seem to have held nearly as well as the Barks books, imo.  

On 11/18/2013 at 2:29 PM, classics hound-migration said:

The annuals are great reading! Super stuff, glad not to be alone in my obsession. Haven't tried to launch pictures, is it easy (real easy???). Can I take them off my iPad, then put them into docs, then pull them up on this site for print? Please help.

This boardie sure has a great name.  Wonder if he's still around? 

58 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

The early LL Four Colors seem to go for a good buck, although I don't know whether it's more or less than they sold for years ago.  I only recently started paying attention to them, more because of my interest in FCs than my interest in LLs.  I do remember reading them as a kid and liking them.  They were my second favorite non-superhero books after the Barks Duck books.  I did try reading some not too long ago and they don't seem to have held nearly as well as the Barks books, imo.  

FC 74 has done well, the rest not so much...

2 hours ago, 143ksk said:

FC 74 has done well, the rest not so much...

Some people say that Lulus and some other GA comics like Captain Marvel aren't doing well in the marketplace, but I regularly get outbid on them...

17 hours ago, BOOT said:

Some people say that Lulus and some other GA comics like Captain Marvel aren't doing well in the marketplace, but I regularly get outbid on them...

Start placing $2 bids and I bet you win a few. 

11 hours ago, pemart1966 said:

Be sure to check out the single panels done by Marge herself back in the 1930s.  Some funny stuff there...

Heritage has been auctioning off the OA of those done for the Saturday Evening Post.  I've been outbid on them all, unfortunately.

3 hours ago, MrBedrock said:
21 hours ago, BOOT said:

Derby's over. :baiting:

16 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

On 5/6/2017 at 10:42 PM, BOOT said:

lol Zing!

On 7/31/2016 at 0:25 PM, 40YrsCollctngCmcs said:

This thread has been buried too long! We should continue to celebrate the genius of John Stanley. For those who haven't read Michael Barrier's Funnybooks it has a great history of this man. I won't ruin the ending but where he ended up in life caught me by complete surprise.

Here's a recent pickup from the boards Lulu #33 and a four color from San Diego a few years back. I read the Lulu #33 last weekend and enjoyed it immensely. Reading back on the prior posts I'd say these are best enjoyed like they came out; a book every now and then.

163680.jpg.383253b5d7103adb4d1040112d723e77.jpg

alf487.5.jpg

When I was collecting comics, I managed to amass quite a  collection of LuLu comics.  I never revealed this fact to my fellow hobbyists as many would just laugh.  If it's not superhero, then what's the point.  Well, Lulu books were far superior, IMO.  Also, I loved the cartoons on Sheriff John when I was a toddler.  They were my favorite.