• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alamo City Comic Con

191 posts in this topic

Walking Dead Season premiere with cast???????? This sounds like a dream....

http://www.alamocitycomiccon.com/2013/03/31/amcs-the-walking-dead-takes-over-alamo-city-comic-con/

This whole convention seems a little strange.

You have to email them for exhibitor information, nothing is on the web site.

They have no guests at all except for one person.

The web site design looks nice but has some faults. This may go down in flames before it even begins. What is their venue even?

Walking Dead Season premiere with cast???????? This sounds like a dream....

http://www.alamocitycomiccon.com/2013/03/31/amcs-the-walking-dead-takes-over-alamo-city-comic-con/

This whole convention seems a little strange.

You have to email them for exhibitor information, nothing is on the web site.

They have no guests at all except for one person.

The web site design looks nice but has some faults. This may go down in flames before it even begins. What is their venue even?

Yup. It's 6 months out and all they have is a few artist listed and a lot of talk about the Walking Dead cast. No vendors/dealers listed or much other information other than ticket prices. Hope it lives up to hype but I dunno......

I am chatting with Apple the promoter for this event, I hope they get things rolling, the Texas Comic Con has a good amount of guests showing up along with a good assortment of comic creators, so I am hoping they can do the same, since this being a great venue. Hopefully they can get big name draws. I can invite some but don't want to have them commit and nothing happens.

They emailed me a bugged PDF as the exhibitor info.

:(

Not sure why they don't just post that online.

They want to hold back some info for release in the months leading up to the event. You know, to build the hype. Of course with ~six months till the event that make sense. It's not like there are not any other major, proven, shows in the months before and after this one. Considering now would be the time guest,exhibitors and attendees would want to make travel/accommodation plans. I mean heck your not ready to spend 3k on a gold ticket, on sale April 27, based on the info given? I am local and not sure I wanna drop the $25 for a one day ticket.

Don't get me wrong. I hope it's a huge success for all involved. But, as of now doh! .

They emailed me a bugged PDF as the exhibitor info.

:(

Not sure why they don't just post that online.

They want to hold back some info for release in the months leading up to the event. You know, to build the hype. Of course with ~six months till the event that make sense. It's not like there are not any other major, proven, shows in the months before and after this one. Considering now would be the time guest,exhibitors and attendees would want to make travel/accommodation plans. I mean heck your not ready to spend 3k on a gold ticket, on sale April 27, based on the info given? I am local and not sure I wanna drop the $25 for a one day ticket.

Don't get me wrong. I hope it's a huge success for all involved. But, as of now doh! .

I'm local also, and when I saw this considered setting up there as an exhibitor, but based on a complete lack of information I'm with you, not sure I even want to spend the money just to attend.

Hi Guys, I'm Apple the owner of Alamo City Comic Con. I would love to answer questions that you all may have.

So lets begin, first we have announced some artist that are coming and we have other bigger artist coming also. We will announce soon, more for sure April 27th and more after.

My deal with The Walking Dead is with AMCTV and our True Offical TWD Panel. The reason why i can't announce things yet is because the -script is not done and they will be filming during ACCC. Once we get closer and closer we should have a clearer picture of who is coming. i already announced that Norman will not be here.

If that changes i will let you all know. But i can say we will have many Dead cast members here and we will announce some of them before April 27th.

Buffyfan you had sent me an email and no idea why that pdf file acted like that, but i can say that it only happened to you. Unless others are not telling me.

The reason why i don't have it on the site is because the post office mistakenly sold my po box that was going to be ACCC. So i am waiting for a new one and the current contract has my home address which if you have it you are more than welcome to come talk to me and ask me any question you may have.

Please email me and i will give you my phone number if you would like to talk to me.

We will have some major comic book companies down for ACCC and will be talking to them at C2E2.

You are more than welcome to call DC Comics and check on my background doing social media and covering WB projects. This is me doing a few interviews-

I am running around and i am trying to answer many questions but please email me direct at apple@alamocitycomiccon.com and i will give you my phone number to answer any questions you guys might have.

Take care guys,

Apple

Okay guys talked to Apple, and convinced him to let CGC forum members know only for now that the following artists are confirmed:

Angel Medina

Ebas

Brooks

and some big named guy from DC

other will be announced as follows

including others I will invite

Canaan White

Ace Continuado

Thony Silas?

Jimbo Salgado

If anyone needs help or needs more info just put you message on this listing and I will get back with you. I am going to help Apple, we want Comic related dealers, unlike some shows, that I have been too and not to happy.

If anyone needs help or needs more info just put you message on this listing and I will get back with you. I am going to help Apple, we want Comic related dealers, unlike some shows, that I have been too and not to happy.
OK, I'm a comic-related dealer in San Antonio, and at this point I have any enormous amount of skepticism about it. Sell me on why it's worth taking the days off and lugging my stock (Gold, Silver & Bronze Comics) there. SA has not historically been a good town for selling nicer vintage comics. :sumo:

Pretty much everyone's complaint about Austin wizard was it's not comic related, but more on the non comic side. If we can get more "comic collectors" from surrounding areas, then it could be. Yes I know what you mean by historically not being a good town, but Apple was assoiciated with SDCC for years, and his complaint there was they are going from comics to other more non-comic related areas. Come April 27th there will be more announcements, the CGC boards will receive news before the public, and the convention center is a very good venue.

So any updates??? and are people really lining up for tickets???

Information is still pretty much the same from what I have heard. Tickets go on sale tomorrow at a LCS "launch" party and there was talk of WD fan boys camping out . You check it here.....

Heros and Fantasies Facebook

or here

Alamo-City-Comic-Con Facebook

Oh, tickets are non-refundable.

Hey guys, yes i want to give you all an update. We do have major comic companies coming here and i am helping in this area. let you know how serious i am. We do hope to have 1 of the 2 big 2 companies doing a set up here.

I am working hard to make this a true comic show. Now we do have celebs but i want to try and stay with celebs on the comic side.

San Antonio has deep roots in many things, one is wrestling so we are going to have a very very big name here and we spin the comic side with it by having an artist commission a piece to go with our VIP Packages. We hope to open a regular attendee's eyes and mind to a beautiful piece of artwork they get with their package.

We will also have a TV Star whom I've known was from San Antonio and ACCC will be her big coming home event. Her show is not comic related but her big co-star is coming also and she has a back to the future tie. She's a friend and she wants to help ACCC grow.

Outside of these things it will all be comic related. However we are having a comic tie with artist involved in events normally they would not be tied too. i intend to bring the focus of the name Comic Con back to focus on creators and artist.

This can only happen if all of you support and attend. We can't stand back and say con's are losing their focus, ACCC needs you, comics need you. I am working late and getting 2 hours of sleep a night trying to get the best in here to show San Antonio is a big enough draw.

I am not sitting back and just waiting for people and companies to contact me, you can ask every convention goer and anyone artist who attended c2e2. We were there inviting and locking in artist.

i know if i can build it they will come........so i am building it.

Hi Guys, I'm Apple the owner of Alamo City Comic Con. I would love to answer questions that you all may have.

So lets begin, first we have announced some artist that are coming and we have other bigger artist coming also. We will announce soon, more for sure April 27th and more after.

My deal with The Walking Dead is with AMCTV and our True Offical TWD Panel. The reason why i can't announce things yet is because the -script is not done and they will be filming during ACCC. Once we get closer and closer we should have a clearer picture of who is coming. i already announced that Norman will not be here.

If that changes i will let you all know. But i can say we will have many Dead cast members here and we will announce some of them before April 27th.

Buffyfan you had sent me an email and no idea why that pdf file acted like that, but i can say that it only happened to you. Unless others are not telling me.

The reason why i don't have it on the site is because the post office mistakenly sold my po box that was going to be ACCC. So i am waiting for a new one and the current contract has my home address which if you have it you are more than welcome to come talk to me and ask me any question you may have.

Please email me and i will give you my phone number if you would like to talk to me.

We will have some major comic book companies down for ACCC and will be talking to them at C2E2.

You are more than welcome to call DC Comics and check on my background doing social media and covering WB projects. This is me doing a few interviews-

I am running around and i am trying to answer many questions but please email me direct at apple@alamocitycomiccon.com and i will give you my phone number to answer any questions you guys might have.

Take care guys,

Apple

I will be in touch and would be interested in possibly assisting in any way I can as well.

Okay guys talked to Apple, and convinced him to let CGC forum members know only for now that the following artists are confirmed:

Angel Medina

Ebas

Brooks

and some big named guy from DC

other will be announced as follows

including others I will invite

Canaan White

Ace Continuado

Thony Silas?

Jimbo Salgado

Considering I know two of those in the first list on a personal basis I haven't heard anything from them concerning coming to SA.

Oh well... (shrug)

I will add also to Apple, if you're reading any of this.

I have a friend that owns a couple nightclubs in SA as well.

Part of the issue with SA is that not only is logging a pain in the butt due to one of the highest tourist lodging taxes in the Country (which was lowered a bit mind you), airfare into SA is criminally high compared to other major cities in Texas.

I am not sitting back and just waiting for people and companies to contact me, you can ask every convention goer and anyone artist who attended c2e2. We were there inviting and locking in artist.

i know if i can build it they will come........so i am building it.

If you don't mind, as I am curious, who is the "we" that were at c2e2 talking to artist?