• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alamo City Comic Con

191 posts in this topic

For those in town early Neal Adams will be signing at Heroes and Fantasies on Thurs at 4 P.M. I think first signed item is free and then he charges for any additional. I am looking for his most obscure work to see if he will chuckle when I show him. I am thinking Valeria the She Bat or something. Any suggestions?

I will try to make it over there with the cgc witness so others can CGC sub there comics.

For those in town early Neal Adams will be signing at Heroes and Fantasies on Thurs at 4 P.M. I think first signed item is free and then he charges for any additional. I am looking for his most obscure work to see if he will chuckle when I show him. I am thinking Valeria the She Bat or something. Any suggestions?

Go for a Captain Planet and the Planeteers...

I have not been to a con where you could not pick up your badge the day before. I cant find any info on what time registration opens. Does anyone know a time when they open so you can pick up your badge before 11?

I didn't read this whole thread after my scathing post earlier in it but as it turns out I got a last minute call from a friend dealer who asked if I would help him,

If anyone wants to do dinner tonight it's easy to find my phone number, send me a text, even if we haven't met before.

Here's a link to my facebook page if you need my number:

https://www.facebook.com/dwshoots

Sorry I didn't take any pics.

I did buy 4 books though.

The dealer selection was pretty good compared to what I thought it was going to be.

3 of these were from funny books, the CGC book was from a LCS that was at te show.

I'd say there were probably about 5 large booths with good inventory. And then a couple smaller booths with some decent books.

It's by far the best thing San Antonio has ever had. I'll be going back Sunday for some CGC SS stuff, and look forward to this con next year.

Attendance seemed really solid of a Friday, and it will hopefully grow next year.

Quickie report.....

I arrived around 10:15 A.M. and there was already a huge line forming at the entrance. I was going to pick up my three day pass but since I volunteered I went in early to check in and got in that way. I was in the dealers room around 10:25 or so and began to look around.

accc001_zps1cc098a6.jpg

Arthur Suydam set up right as you walk in.

accc002_zps415088c2.jpg

Bob from my LCS with a light set up.And then comics.....

accc003_zps7ef7a001.jpg

accc005_zps5df83562.jpg

accc007_zps6f0baeaf.jpg

accc012_zps98fe90b3.jpg

Funny books was still in the process of setting up and sorting through a recent collection they had just picked up. They had some cool books and I spent a little more than I wanted there.

accc011_zps35079bf3.jpg

accc014_zpsa5c26952.jpg

accc015_zpse507af4a.jpg

accc016_zps803612e7.jpg

And the booty......Couldnt pass up that CGC Target Ulti Spidey # 1 for 39.99

accc017_zps165756e2.jpg

accc018_zpsbbf862b6.jpg

The Walking Dead Guests area....

accc010_zpsdc3609ea.jpg

I want to apologize in advance for not taking more crowd pics but once I started digging through the comics I did not stop for 3 hours and then went to go work my volunteer shift. I worked in Registration and it was smooth sailing with quite a few people inquiring about walk up tickets. The Box office was located about 5 minutes away on the opposite side of the convention hall so I directed them out. Overall from what little time I spent in the exhibit hall it seemed like everyone was having a good time. No Walking Dead # 1's. No cheap Batman Adventure # 12's and one dealer remarking his books are marked slightly higher than GPA. I think tomorrow will be a monster day and hopefully they are a little better prepared for walk up ticket buyers.