• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any love for the Valiant reboot?

634 posts in this topic

I'd say that most people haven't jumped on board yet because there's not an Image logo on the cover. lol

At some point people will realize that they're really missing out on the Valiant relaunch.

Almost a year into it, and all solid books so far... very, very good. :applause:

The $9.99 first trades of each title are really the best way to get caught up.

If we weren't in the middle of a creator-owned renaissance, Valiant would be getting more love right now. If Image puts out a bad run of new books (they won't), then people will start looking elsewhere for the "new" thing (like Valiant).

In my mind, I believe that the current Valiant creative teams are better than the pre-Unity Valiant of the early 90's.

Josh Dysart and Justin Jordan can give guys like Geoff Johns and Hickman a run for their money any day of the week.

As for artwork, it is all top notch with guys like Clayton Henry, Barry Kitson and Khari Evans putting out some extremely beautiful and detailed artwork right now.

I havent read Harbinger Wars yet (still sitting on the nightstand), but i have high hopes that it will surpass Unity as one of my all time favorite story arcs.

I havent read Harbinger Wars yet (still sitting on the nightstand)

Don't open it if you want to go to sleep 5 minutes later.

It'll keep you up reading (and re-reading) and studying the art for 30 minutes or so.

:cloud9:

Forgot to mention that the first issues will be $1 each on May 1st.

They're doing Valiant "One Dollar Debut" reprints of the 2012 #1 issues in time for FCBD.

That is awesome news about the $1 reprints.

I wish they would do something down the road with Comixology that is similar to what Marvel just did.

Maybe to a free digital offer for the 90's era Valiant stuff to get people hooked on the characters, then they will get interested in the new versions.

I think i they maybe did a free Unity give away it would go over like gangbusters

I'd say that most people haven't jumped on board yet because there's not an Image logo on the cover. lol

At some point people will realize that they're really missing out on the Valiant relaunch.

Almost a year into it, and all solid books so far... very, very good. :applause:

Maybe it will be like 1992 all over again and the first pre-harbinger war books will be the ones to own. ;)

I think they get no love here because these boards focus on speculation over content. Just a fact of the audience here. I picked up all the Valiant books for $1 or less each at cons.

I've read Harbinger and X-O. Both are really good.

I'm currently reading Bloodshot, and Shadowman is next.

Maybe it will be like 1992 all over again and the first pre-harbinger war books will be the ones to own. ;)

Nope.

Books are failing.

I thought the new books would increase the value of Pre-unity.

Pretty much nothing.