• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Add 2 and or cut 2 from reading/collecting pull list please and why.

13 posts in this topic

My top books are #1 NOWHERE MEN duh. Straight kills mad quantities of es.

#2 Walking Dead duh #3 Invicible #4Chew ending at 50 or 60?

#5 Fraction's Hawkeye #6 Thief Of Thieves #7 Waid's Daredevil

#8 Manhattan Projects. Others ending soon or minis are Godland...Django Unchained....Snapshot....Been getting some Batman titles here and there but prolly going to more trades.

Tried a little of Revival, Saga, and Fatale and couldn't get into it.

Tried Bedlam bout a month or 2 ago and I'm still having nightmares.Kidding...sorta.

On my radar Mind MGMT, Great Pacific, Mind The Gap, and Lock And Key.

Any help, suggestions, summaries, brief or long descriptions or reasoning are greatly appreciated. Due to time, space and money will prolly be going to more trades. Pretty sucky but I gotta do it. Thanks for any help.

Out of the ones on your radar Locke & Key is my favorite. I've only read the first 2 arcs but they were fantastic. I gave up on Great Pacific after 2 issues, wasn't sattisfied with its pace and haven't heard that im missing anything. I hear Mind MGMT is good. Read issue 1 of Mind the Gap and wasn't a fan.

All your top books are great. Chew ends at 60.

Also Saga.

Locke & Key and The Stuff of Legend.

You should be hooked on Locke &Key after the 1st trade. The Stuff of Legend sometimes takes the 2nd trade to get people hooked. I highly recommend both!

I love both of these books and have similar tastes to you. I like every book you mentioned in your post except two. (I couldn't get into Great Pacific and I haven't read Mind Mgmt yet.)

Thanks everyone! Don't really need any more ideas but they are welcome.

Was thinking bout trying Mind MGMT they just came out with a 1.00 first issue and been hearing a lot of good things about it.

And leaning towards Locke And Key as well.

Great Pacific sounds good but it seems to be a little slow?from what I hear?

Tried a little of Stuff of Legend and couldnt get into it.

Might try some Fraction x-men stuff or Thor in trade at some time.

Brian Wood star wars gonna have to check out. That might work.

Recently read Echoes #1 and #2. WOW! Really good stuff. It's by Minotaur Press and Top Cow written by Joshua Hale Fialkov. If anyone is into some of the books I mentioned I strongly recomend it. Sort of about a mental guy who can't trust his own brain.

Mind MGMT started kind of slow, but REALLY picked up around issue 5 or 6.

It's great. The "bad" art style, too, I find really enhances the book. I find it's EXTREMELY creepy.

Anybody here have pull lists at more than one shop?

I've decided to move most of my pull list to a LCS near my apt that offers discounts. I have kept some titles at the LCS near my work. It doesn't offer discounts and condition has been an issue with some books. With that said, it allows me to get my WD, Saga and Think Tank release day fix and it's a small shop, which can use the business.

Just curious if anybody else does this or if I should just cut the cord.

Great Pacific & locke & key are both great books locke & key maybe easy for you to get into because its all collected right now & close to the end so you should be able to stanch up trades or hardcovers of the entire run pretty cheap someplace ...

Great pacific is ok but not something I go out of my way to read I just do ... May actually switch to trades or something on that one my self! I am going to go & throw in the following two series into the mix just cause I am a stinker ...

I suggest

five ghosts (its a mini that may or may not turn into an on going or perhaps mini ongoings like hellboy... personally I am hoping it does ... ) If anything its a great short read!

&

east of west another new image title that is pretty damn interesting & fun so far

Both 5G &EOW are up there on my radar & are currently holding most interest/thought among books I read I can't wait to get to the next books to read