• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will Turok (Gold Keys) be getting another chance at Dark Horse????

23 posts in this topic

I didnt read the Magnus story, but the Doctor Solar story from Dark Horse was a pretty good read.

Although to be honest I would much prefer to see Valiant license those characters again.

I think their current creative team could do wonders with them

Had to bump this because Dynamite is Releasing Turok, Magnus, Solar, and Doctor Spektor starting in Feb with Turok.

Has anyone seen there is a 500 copy variant for Turok!!

Yeah I was going to post this the other day. Who in their right mind would pay $1000 for a signed variant of a book like this??? Don't get me wrong, this book is right up my alley, but c'mon, they have like 10 different super variants coming out for this. I hope the series' are good though as I'm hoping to read some Solar in the near future. Variants have been/are just getting out of control.

Just in case anyone is curious:

http://www.dcbservice.com/category.aspx?id=38

that link will just take you to the dynamite section in general, not the exact variant page.

Here is the write-up though:

TUROK DINOSAUR HUNTER #1 500 COPY LEE RARE SGN INCV (Net) (C

(W) Greg Pak (A) Bart Sears (CA) Roberto Castro

THE GOLD KEY UNIVERSE BEGINS HERE! Classic Characters by some of Comics Hottest Creators! - Magnus, Solar, Turok and Dr. Spektor! Dynamite is proud to present an all-new adventure ongoing from superstar GREG PAK (Batman/Superman, World War Hulk) and incredible artist MIRKO COLAK (Red Skull: Incarnate, Conan)! Shunned from his tribe, a young Native American named Turok fights to survive, making a lonely life for himself in the unforgiving forest. But his hard-won cunning and survival skills face the ultimate test when man-eating THUNDER LIZARDS attack his people! Why are dinosaurs here? How have they survived? And will Turok use his abilities to save a society that's taken everything away from him?

Product Code: DEC131036

Your Price: $1,000.00

Newsarama has the Gold Key heroes line on its Top 10 to watch in 2014.

Dynamite has announced its stuttering out the launching of four series – Solar: Man of the Atom, Turok: Dinosaur Hunter, Magnus: Robot Fighter and The Occult Files of Doctor Spektor -- over the course of early 2014, and these four heroes and the various worlds and timelines they inhabit have the elements to create a compelling and more science-fiction approach to comic book heroes than any other publisher on a large scale working today.

10 To Watch For 2014: COMIC BOOK CHARACTERS

Dynamite has announced its stuttering out the launching of four series – Solar: Man of the Atom, Turok: Dinosaur Hunter, Magnus: Robot Fighter and The Occult Files of Doctor Spektor -- over the course of early 2014, and these four heroes and the various worlds and timelines they inhabit have the elements to create a compelling and more science-fiction approach to comic book heroes than any other publisher on a large scale working today.

We'll see how these books fare, but I doubt they'll last.

These books were just revamped and were absolutely terrible, because these characters haven't had books of any quality really since Unity there's very few people that care. Add to the fact the history of crooked Dynamite in their dealings trying to acquire Valiant's intellectual property, they've turned off 90% of all valiant readers. So who's gonna buy them? lol

I wish Dynamite would change their logo, looks really cheesy and cheap.

Haha, it's right in-line with the quality of their books.

The main Shadow book is great and Doc Savage is promising, but there are too many spin offs and weak books of 2nd and 3rd tier characters. I like Turok as a character but I doubt this version will do well. I hope I'm wrong though.

We'll see how these books fare, but I doubt they'll last.

These books were just revamped and were absolutely terrible, because these characters haven't had books of any quality really since Unity there's very few people that care. Add to the fact the history of crooked Dynamite in their dealings trying to acquire Valiant's intellectual property, they've turned off 90% of all valiant readers. So who's gonna buy them? lol

Even if all 10,000 Valiant readers weren't interested ...

A $1,000 1/500 variant. You really gotta have some gall to do that. I haven't bought a Dynamite book in years since the first Lone Ranger and Red Sonja series.

Dynamite had a $1,000 comic book for Twilight Zone 1 too. Seems to be a trend. All they have to do is sell 1 or 2.

hm

You have $1000 to spend...

Do you get a 2014 variant of the latest incarnation of Turok in a new series...

OR

Do you get the first appearance of Turok in Four Color 596 where around $850 can probably land you a blue label 8.0 or 8.5 copy? Then you also have $150 to spend on future issues...

Just saying...

I enjoy the character, but $100 is too much for a variant from this publisher let alone $1000. Maybe I will upgrade my FC596 from a 7.0 to whatever.