• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batgirl 19 with a bit of a surprise

173 posts in this topic

No comment, just putting it out there. I'm nice like that. I will say I love the quote about comics still being in the 1950's. Someone is not reading Saga.

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/04/transgender-dc-comics-batgirl/

Saga is 1970's Heavy Metal lite.

No comment, just putting it out there. I'm nice like that. I will say I love the quote about comics still being in the 1950's. Someone is not reading Saga.

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/04/transgender-dc-comics-batgirl/

Saga is 1970's Heavy Metal lite without the good art.

Fixed.

lol Too true.

'Forced scenarios'?

Somebody is writing this, therefore everything is 'forced'.

Maybe "artificial" or "strained" would've been a better choice of words than "forced".

Could be the two pages accompanying the article. Barbara Gordon is all blah blah Joker-shot-me, paralysis, her brother, some cat...

Response: "I'm transgender, Barbara."

Seemed... forced. (shrug)

'Forced scenarios'?

Maybe "artificial" or "strained" would've been a better choice of words than "forced".

Could be the two pages accompanying the article. Barbara Gordon is all blah blah Joker-shot-me, paralysis, her brother, some cat...

They were obviously sharing traumatic experiences.

Political correctness is invading comics,this is a travesty. :facepalm:

Why is it 'political correctness' to accurately portray the make-up of our general population? (shrug)

Considering there is not one other transgendered character in the whole of the Marvel & DC stable, I'd say the publishers have been failing to reflect their readership for a very long time.

'Forced scenarios'?

Is that what it was?

From their convesation it seemed like the character was replying: "You don't need to protect me Barbara [i'm transgender].

I'll say it's great writing and bad reading comprehension on my part. Leave it at that. (and I'm outta here...)

'Forced scenarios'?

Is that what it was?

From their convesation it seemed like the character was replying: "You don't need to protect me Barbara [i'm transgender].

I'll say it's great writing and bad reading comprehension on my part. Leave it at that. (and I'm outta here...)

It's the new DC - I doubt it was good writing.