• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many CGC slabbed comics do you own?

54 posts in this topic

3425 slabbed books with minimum of $12 grading fee= $41100!

Your grading fees are worth more than most comic collectors whole collection!

Hell, his grading fees are probably worth more than HIS whole collection!!

Hell, his grading fees are probably worth more than HIS whole collection!!

Thats the boat I'll be sailing in before too long. The 20 day mark is soon approaching for my first batch of comics I sent to CGC... Although I should have waited a bit while I figured out exactly what makes a 9 - 10.0 Now that I know how to grade a bit better, I am expecting those not to return with the grade I had originally anticipited. (Talking in the mid 8's now. frown.gif ) Not exactly happy with myself jumping the gun. However on the flip side, I DO know that the majority of the comics I NOW have are all in the mid to upper 9's with 2 having a decent chance of being a 9.9 or a 10.0 (one of those two is even issue SW #107 the final issue!) Whoopie!

Now if I could only get my counterfitting machine to start cranking out those 19 dollar bills for the new prices......

I have 222. 100 of them are 9.4 or better. Highest being several modern 9.8's and the lowest being a 3.5 copy of Fantastic Four 25. Stored in official CGC boxes.

I think it's called "Planet Comicon" or something like that... They're such trash. I hate going to the damned things, but there's nothing worthwhile nearby! It's March 29 & 30 at the Overland Park Int'l Trade Center.

That's 54 more than I got. I bought them that way from e-bay. Personally, I need a very good reason to send away to get a comic slabbed. Primarily because of the time delay, risk to damage in transit, comic coming back in a cracked case, risk of it coming back 8.5 or lower. I know one day they'll open a branch office here in Winnipeg. Then I'll do it.

Figures, the weekend I'm in St. Louis to see the Blues/RedWings. I wouldn't mind getting their signatures on an old Crisis book.

Cd, man, you could always just make a quick jump back this way... it's only a couple hours by car! Heck, you could strap a saddle to Bug's back and save yourself the gas! Of course, you'd have to suffer Bug's gas....... I'd call it a wash.