• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Book Spinner Rack Questions

9 posts in this topic

Hello all, wondering if anyone has some insight on this cool spinner rack I just picked up? Just something like the era it was made, and maybe the manufacturer...? I was thinking Dell Comics, because of the "Wholesome Comics" type tag lines, but who knows.

Thank you all for helping to satisfy my curiosity!

136962.jpg.ef54acf69075dd2fa2080e5a4388abe1.jpg

136963.jpg.2cb46690ed14a4ed6f66fe5a67360aef.jpg

136964.jpg.0b8fcdfd2c190431ffc3447565ac0075.jpg

Possibly the most common of the classic spinner racks, and a personal favorite. I've seen a BUNCH of 'em and have owned three myself

I have no positive dates, but I remember that one personally in the local dime store back to the late 1960's or early 1970's.

There's a long thread about spinners here in general, do a search and you should pull it up easily.

That one looks like a nice clean example, with good signage all around.

I've seen two variant bases, one made of bent tubing bolted together (one of those was painted cream to match the wires, one chrome plated) and one with a flat steel fabricated base consisting of four legs radiatingto all points of the compass from the center post, with round plastic feet at the ends of all four arms. I'm assuming that was the oldest of the three, and I'm guessing this rack to be of 1960's vintage.