• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Magnus #0 VcVSS double signed (#25/40) with COA

7 posts in this topic

Magnus #0 w/card VcVSS Signed by Layton & Jackson

one of only 40 produced by valiantcomics.com (#25/40)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=60213&item=2265902199&rd=1

Thanks for looking

These are cool books that were done using Bob Laytons own copies, kinda like file copies. I did a website about thier creation with pictures:

http://st15.startlogic.com/~dineshsh/valiant/vcvss1/vcvss.htm

very interesting website

BTB i have three (3) copies of Magnus 0 w/ card signed by Jim Shooter (COA). They were done by a Company called "Catch A Star," (or something) which was a division of a company that was big into sports memorabilia (the name alludes me). anyway, ever heard of 'em or seen 'em? i believe mine would grade 9.6 (minimum) to 9.9 (hope, hope). they are that nice.

got 'em at the 1991 National Sports Card and Memorabilia show (my dad was a card dealer) in Chicago. it was the year that Chris Webber was drafted and each attendee was given a Webber promo card as they entered. hustlin', i bought all the Webber cards i could for $5 a piece and re-sold them to autograph seekers waiting in line the next day. made a mint and put it into these comics. true story.

Hi Justin...

"Catch A Star" is pretty well-known for having signed Valiant books...

They're usually popular when the book is a good one. Magnus #0 certainly is.

You mentioned a 1991 sportscard show where you picked them up...

you meant 1992, right? Magnus #0 wasn't printed in 1991,

unless my records are off. (Just checking my notes here...) grin.gif

VMAN

very well could be 1992. i used to help him at sports shows (H.S.) and collect comics. i got access to a bunch of the retailer variants via those channels. **you'll get a kick out of this** my dad once gave me 4 various Valiant gold editions for Christmas (Unity 1; Predator v Magnus Plat... and two others? not the first tier stuff). soon after, i flipped them in Chicago at a small convention for $300 worth of table credit/solid X Men/Wolverine backissues and he was so PISSED (what a move though, given the last decade). i bet he paid about $300 for em too. at another show, a little toward the end of the Valiant boom, one could buy autographed issues (Ostlander, and second tier talent) for about $1 each - a later Harbinger issue, Magnus 25, and double signed Solar mid-twenties. i have saved examples of each of those. Valiantman, you would get a kick out of my collection!

hmmm. quite possible... although it would be ashame to have carried them through such hard times only to GIVE them away. BUT, they would make you very happy... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

according to your website

Magnus #24 signed by John Ostrander

Solar #17 signed by Van Hook (and Grau?)

and I thought Harbinger #18, but probably not

other oddities: Hard Corps #1 Gold, X-O #15 Pink, Hard Corps #5 Comic Defense, and regularly kick myself for passing on an $12 X-O Gold foreheadslap.gif

Those Magnus 0's from catch a star sound pretty cool. I'd love to get a scan as I have a list of signed valiant books that alot of the people from vman's site (valiantcomics.com) helped put together:

http://st15.startlogic.com/~dineshsh/valiant/signed/signed.htm

Thanks for looking at the auction it ended north of $180 893whatthe.gif