• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zen and the art of moderation
2 2

908 posts in this topic

Well, at least one positive thing came out of this thread.

I'm in a cabal. I'm quite excited, I've never been in a cabal before. smiley_highfive.gif

What makes you think you're in the Cabal?

Cheeky, I'll make sure your membership is revoked. :sumo:

I'm putting myself forward for the position of cabal treasurer. :acclaim:

You do realize that Cabal means barn don't you?

. I'm coming to Wiz World. :makepoint:

What's that...a golden shower expo?

It never rains but...

I have to say, I'm looking forward to meeting Dice even more now :cloud9:

As long as you post the pics on here.

I don't want a strike :sorry:

You're just shy.

. I'm coming to Wiz World. :makepoint:

What's that...a golden shower expo?

It never rains but...

I have to say, I'm looking forward to meeting Dice even more now :cloud9:

As long as you post the pics on here.

I don't want a strike :sorry:

You're just shy.

Very :blush:

Arch, maybe this moderation job is not for you. You come out of seclusion and lay down five strikes to catch up. Link.

stikes_zpsecb73559.jpg

Actually, it's the old way to moderate. Reading the complete volume of the boards is uhm... time consuming.

5/8/2009

Just so everyone knows, also, my take on masking and profanity is that while masking isn't strictly allowed, getting meticulous about removing all of it is probably a little restrictive and definitely very time consuming.

Yes, work is "time consuming". It can be tedious, but it is work.

I'll take my wrist slap/strike if you want to throw one my way.

:applause:

Arch, maybe this moderation job is not for you. You come out of seclusion and lay down five strikes to catch up. Link.

stikes_zpsecb73559.jpg

Actually, it's the old way to moderate. Reading the complete volume of the boards is uhm... time consuming.

5/8/2009

Just so everyone knows, also, my take on masking and profanity is that while masking isn't strictly allowed, getting meticulous about removing all of it is probably a little restrictive and definitely very time consuming.

Let's play a little game I like to call, "A Time to Kill" with the star studded cast of the ever sexy MM, Sandy, Mr. Spacey and Mace Windu.

Close your eyes while I read the above post by Blowie.

(Rereads post)

Now open your eyes.

And imagine that those words were spoken by a little black girl, i.e. RMA.

Your honor, the defense rests.

lol Well played, sir!

• Administrator

Cgcmod0 put those strikes in, not Arch, right?

Yes, cgcmod0 posted all of the strikes (except for Mark1).

But it seems like all strikes are approved by Arch.

By the way, the suspension had already been started. When I checked his account, it was already done. It hadn't been posted yet because we limit who does that.

Nope. I do not approve them all. I occasionally review them, and check in on request.

It turns out a team of other people thought they were warranted.

stikes_zpsecb73559.jpg

5/8/2009

Let's play a little game I like to call, "A Time to Kill" with the star studded cast of the ever sexy MM, Sandy, Mr. Spacey and Mace Windu.

(Rereads post)

Now open your eyes.

lol Well played, sir!

Well personally I thought that BUTM's post was over the top but still nowhere near as over the top as RMA's usual ones and BUTM certainly doesn't have a long history of posts that I consider over the top (just in case a reply to this was hoped for).

stikes_zpsecb73559.jpg

5/8/2009

(Rereads post)

Now open your eyes.

lol Well played, sir!

Well personally I thought that BUTM's post was over the top but still nowhere near as over the top as RMA's usual ones and BUTM certainly doesn't have a long history of posts that I consider over the top (just in case a reply to this was hoped for).

:facepalm:

If you dislike someone...it doesn't matter why...and it isn't in you to try to work out your differences...just pretend they don't exist. Don't post to or about them on the boards. If you do, you're only contributing to the hostility around here, no matter how right you think you are, no matter how much you think that person deserves it, no matter how just it is in your mind.

:popcorn:

I've begun work on a massive Comics General Friends & Foes Flowchart. Due to its size & complexity, it won't be publication ready until the holidays.

I've begun work on a massive Comics General Friends & Foes Flowchart. Due to its size & complexity, it won't be publication ready until the holidays.

And by then, it will be six months out of date and riddled with innacuracies.

stikes_zpsecb73559.jpg

5/8/2009

(Rereads post)

Now open your eyes.

lol Well played, sir!

:facepalm:

If you dislike someone...it doesn't matter why...and it isn't in you to try to work out your differences...just pretend they don't exist. Don't post to or about them on the boards. If you do, you're only contributing to the hostility around here, no matter how right you think you are, no matter how much you think that person deserves it, no matter how just it is in your mind.

:popcorn:

Ogami's statement/question was put out there as if he wanted replies, I was not intending to make a dig at you, merely trying to answer the post as honestly as possible. I've made my reply and unless directly replied to about it again, will hopefully not start on it any further.

Anything of major interest or of significant importance occur in this thread since last night?

It says 198 new posts and I don't have it in me.

I must add though that if this thread is locked does Arch get -5?

Anything of major interest or of significant importance occur in this thread since last night?

Some people don't like some other people.

Some people see things that others don't - and vice versa.

Ignorance is not always bliss.

A cabal is a barn - but smartly furnished.

Life is too short, find something more worthwhile to spend your time on. :preach:

A cabal is a barn - but smartly furnished.

Really?!

Didn't know that..:

I'm just gutted that I spent time reading the comic, Dark Reign; The Smartly Furnished Barn. :facepalm: