• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zen and the art of moderation
2 2

908 posts in this topic

Someone started a thread in modern on New Mutants 87 because of all these Cabal references

:facepalm:

lol

I'm disappointed the Cabal memes haven't surfaced yet.

I'm planning to read the Kabbalah in the barn.

Golddust in the barn with the Kabbalah.

Sounds like Clue.

Arch, maybe this moderation job is not for you. You come out of seclusion and lay down five strikes to catch up. Link.

stikes_zpsecb73559.jpg

Actually, it's the old way to moderate. Reading the complete volume of the boards is uhm... time consuming.

5/8/2009

Just so everyone knows, also, my take on masking and profanity is that while masking isn't strictly allowed, getting meticulous about removing all of it is probably a little restrictive and definitely very time consuming.

Yes, work is "time consuming". It can be tedious, but it is work.

I'll take my wrist slap/strike if you want to throw one my way.

:applause:

If we held everyone to posts they made 4 years ago, certain reformed members would seem like nightmares.

That's why most people who mask don't get strikes, excessive abusers do. People who post one questionable picture don't get strikes, excessive abusers do.

Certain guidelines are not enforced as stringently until certain members spit in their face.

Strike after strike after strike. I love it, and hope it continues.

Someone started a thread in modern on New Mutants 87 because of all these Cabal references

lol

I'm planning to read the Kabbalah in the barn.

You and that Madonna chick. People will talk.

lol

:foryou:

3txyka.jpg

You get points for that because it's from Black Adder.

Arch, maybe this moderation job is not for you. You come out of seclusion and lay down five strikes to catch up. Link.

stikes_zpsecb73559.jpg

Actually, it's the old way to moderate. Reading the complete volume of the boards is uhm... time consuming.

5/8/2009

Just so everyone knows, also, my take on masking and profanity is that while masking isn't strictly allowed, getting meticulous about removing all of it is probably a little restrictive and definitely very time consuming.

If we held everyone to posts they made 4 years ago, certain reformed members would seem like nightmares.

That's why most people who mask don't get strikes, excessive abusers do. People who post one questionable picture don't get strikes, excessive abusers do.

Certain guidelines are not enforced as stringently until certain members spit in their face.

Are you saying the people with the most strikes are excessive abusers?

Note to self. hm

stikes_zpsecb73559.jpg

5/8/2009

Note to self. hm

:gossip: Sunday is the day after Saturday

stikes_zpsecb73559.jpg

5/8/2009

Note to self. hm

Everyday is like Sunday.

stikes_zpsecb73559.jpg

5/8/2009

Note to self. hm

Everyday is like Sunday.

Stop talking and send this chubby American an ample supply of Club Milks.

Well, at least one positive thing came out of this thread.

I'm in a cabal. I'm quite excited, I've never been in a cabal before. smiley_highfive.gif

What makes you think you're in the Cabal?

Cheeky, I'll make sure your membership is revoked. :sumo:

I'm putting myself forward for the position of cabal treasurer. :acclaim:

There are also rumours about the existence of a double secret, exclusive, Brit / European PM chat thread.

A shadowy, transatlantic conspiracy.

Anything of major interest or of significant importance occur in this thread since last night?

It says 198 new posts and I don't have it in me.

I must add though that if this thread is locked does Arch get -5?

Some people don't like some other people.

Some people see things that others don't - and vice versa.

Ignorance is not always bliss.

A cabal is a barn - but smartly furnished.

Let this post be your guide.

Arch should move this to the front of the thread.