• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collecting Every FF

31 posts in this topic

Nice copy, Zipper! Which book remains in your quest?

13... tough to find a decent midgrade issue with good eye appeal. It seems like they are all total beaters or big buck high grade.

No big rush, but I'd like to finish by year's end. smile.gif

Next would be completing the annuals which I think I need seven issues to finish that run.

My goal after that would probably venture into Dell and DC. gossip.gif Marvel is overpriced and much better collecting value can be found elsewhere. I would have never gotten this far with FF if I didn't pick up 80% of them years ago. 893whatthe.gif

Just received today...

With this in hand, it leaves only one Fantastic Four to go to complete the regular issue run of 1 - 416 grin.gif

cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

Congrats, I need 9 more to complete the FULL run 1 - 517 wink.gif

Just received today...

With this in hand, it leaves only one Fantastic Four to go to complete the regular issue run of 1 - 416 grin.gif

cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

Congrats, I need 9 more to complete the FULL run 1 - 517 wink.gif

I need just #1 (which I had earlier and sold 893frustrated.gif).

Do you try to collect FF appearances in other books too?

Zipper,

Very nice, what grade is that copy a 7.0? Any reason you haven't collected the issues beyond 416, or do you have them as well?

It was sold as a 6.5 and I agree with the grade. On a good day, I think it could be a 7.0.

Actually, I have all the issues beyond 416... so I go to 517 or whatever it is this month. Re-numbering aside, I don't consider the new issues to be part of the original Volume 1 which ended at 416. Perhaps I should get over it and realize my accomplishment is even bigger than I thought! tongue.gifacclaim.gif

Zipper,

Very nice, what grade is that copy a 7.0? Any reason you haven't collected the issues beyond 416, or do you have them as well?

It was sold as a 6.5 and I agree with the grade. On a good day, I think it could be a 7.0.

Actually, I have all the issues beyond 416... so I go to 517 or whatever it is this month. Re-numbering aside, I don't consider the new issues to be part of the original Volume 1 which ended at 416. Perhaps I should get over it and realize my accomplishment is even bigger than I thought! tongue.gifacclaim.gif

Renumbering ? what renumbering ??? New issue is #517.... it says so on the cover grin.gif