• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collecting Every FF

31 posts in this topic

I've slacked off completing a Kirby run (mostly VG to F/VF), and still need 23 issues between 3-50, as well as 101 and 4 of the annuals. I'm waiting for the current mania to subside and will look again when I can pick them up for below guide again, though I've come to accept that I may have to pay full guide for 4,5 & 12, even in VG.

FF was my favorite silver age title when I was a kid in the early 70s, and I had 3 & up complete at one point back then.

I'd love to find an FF#5 in VG for guide price.

Yeah, I realize that even full guide might be optimistic for #5 & #12, but I'm patient, besides I've been spending way too much money on all the other [!@#%^&^] I collect. I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling that my want list is a many -headed hydra, find one and two more will take it's place.

I've come to accept that I may have to pay full guide for 4,5 & 12, even in VG.

I'd love to find an FF#5 in VG for guide price.

yeah you would wouldn't you devil.gif

Curse you, Richards! 893frustrated.gif

I have a VG+ on my site for about VG+ guide. ($695 vs. $725)

I picked up #5 about 18 months ago on eBay. A CGC 4.5 with nice eye appeal. $500 BIN.

At the time I thought I may have overpaid a bit, but it's looking better and better all the time. grin.gif

Congrats, Steve!! One more to go! I myself own , issue # 1 to 101 !!!! Pure Kirby , & assorted other issues!! Not all high grade , mind you,but at least Good+ to Near Mint ,I started heavily collecting the FF run back in the late 80's!! My Favorite run of all time!! Again, Congrats!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

I have a VG+ on my site for about VG+ guide. ($695 vs. $725)

I picked up #5 about 18 months ago on eBay. A CGC 4.5 with nice eye appeal. $500 BIN.

At the time I thought I may have overpaid a bit, but it's looking better and better all the time. grin.gif

That was a pretty good deal. I sold my CGC 5.5 with a BIN of $950.

I'm still missing around 30 issues total, but most of those are above #200 and the only reason I'm missing them is because I keep waiting to find them in NM or better in a dollar box at a con. The ones below that I'm missing are 1, 2, 5, 11, 12, 57, 70, 155, 162, 164, 165. All of the ones I own are VF or better, with the vast majority being 9.0 or better. One is restored--a CGC 9.4 copy of #3.

See my sig line for the ones I want most!!! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif