• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trimmed ASM 14?

12 posts in this topic

I have some questions about the ASM 14 I recently added to my collection. First off, the seller acknowledged it appeared to be trimmed, and I got an appropriate discount. I wouldn't have been able to afford it if not. lol

So here are my questions: 1) Is this trimmed? It appears the front cover is, but I'm not so sure about the back cover. There also doesn't appear to be wavy cuts from an amateur.

2) Does CGC grade trimmed comics with a Restored Label?

3) If so, what would guess this comic would grade?

Thanks for any help and responses.

ASM14.jpg

ASM14Back.jpg

So here are my questions: 1) Is this trimmed? It appears the front cover is, but I'm not so sure about the back cover. There also doesn't appear to be wavy cuts from an amateur.

2) Does CGC grade trimmed comics with a Restored Label?

3) If so, what would guess this comic would grade?

Yes, it looks trimmed. Yes, if trimmed it will get a Restored Label.

The Purple label noting trimmed is particularly frowned upon by collectors. Probably because it get never be 'removed'.

I always sensed CGC graded trimmed books harshly, like they were downgrading for

missing pieces or something. The book has a lot of other other problems. I see it

in the 4.0 range.

This would be a good submission with a CGC coupon. I have submitted books knowing they will get a Purple Label but I wanted to know the extent of the resto and curious about the grade. From my experience, if a book is trimmed, it will probably have other resto issues. Again, speaking from experience, it is easier to have a book in your PC that, with resto, that has not been slabbed. It's just too official if slabbed. As raw, there is always hope that it is clean. To slab or not to slab, tough call.

I guess I'll just keep it raw. Maybe I'll get a mylar or something more protective than just a bag and board. Either way, I'm just glad to have an ASM 14 in my collecting novice collection.

Thanks for the responses, everyone!