• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need advice from board Daddies of young girls. Im fostering again.

34 posts in this topic

Some of you know I have fostered in the past and I've adopted one beautiful girl. I now have back in my home the first two girls my wife and I fostered years ago along with their sister. Ages 6, 7 and 8...my own is 5.

The oldest seems to be an accomplished reader so I though I would get her some age and gender appropriate comics/graphic novels. Does anyone have any suggestions on material of that type? I got plenty of stuff for boys but am out of my element.

bone-comic-covers.jpg

-slym

Absolutely. The big one volume book specifically. It's well over a thousand pages and my niece was very impressed with it and it was quite the accomplishment when she finished it. She lugged it everywhere for quite a while and showed it to everyone one. Now she doesn't even consider a books size.

bone-comic-covers.jpg

-slym

Absolutely. The big one volume book specifically. It's well over a thousand pages and my niece was very impressed with it and it was quite the accomplishment when she finished it. She lugged it everywhere for quite a while and showed it to everyone one. Now she doesn't even consider a books size.

+1

I bought this for my daughter when she was 7 - she absolutely loved it. For that age group, the Tiny Titans series from DC is great as well.

Some of you know I have fostered in the past and I've adopted one beautiful girl. I now have back in my home the first two girls my wife and I fostered years ago along with their sister. Ages 6, 7 and 8...my own is 5.

The oldest seems to be an accomplished reader so I though I would get her some age and gender appropriate comics/graphic novels. Does anyone have any suggestions on material of that type? I got plenty of stuff for boys but am out of my element.

Some good recommendations in here but don't discount the fact that they may like Spidey or Cap or The Avengers.

Some good recommendations in here but don't discount the fact that they may like Spidey or Cap or The Avengers.

As a matter of fact my 5 year old is a spidey fan and she frequently runs around the house in her spidey costume complete with hood and fake muscles..

Thanks for the recommendations, folks.

As a matter of fact my 5 year old is a spidey fan and she frequently runs around the house in her spidey costume complete with hood and fake muscles..

Thanks for the recommendations, folks.

Thanks for being a foster parent (worship)

If you want more girls,get your head examined and run away.
This......, is pretty good advice. But girls do need homes too.

Kudos to you for finding a place in your home for some foster children. I'm in awe; my wife and I had three foster dogs in our house for a week and I was ready to flip out. Down to one, now, thankfully. Our two dogs and three cats - and 7 month old son - are enough as it is.

They might like some Archie Digests? I assume they've not stopped making those things