• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGCmod0 puts down the hammer: Peter In Portugal, COI and Tsimanga

151 posts in this topic

Who exactly are they protecting from these evil swear words?

I haven't to the best of my knowledge seen any little kids on here(adults acting like them at times, yes, but true little kids, no)

I belong to many different message boards, and none of them do this, but then again, this is the only comic collecting message board I belong to, so is this just something common to comic collecting boards?

Anyone who can access the intenet is going to run across much worse then a few swear words on a daily basis.

This just seems kind of silly to me.

They try to keep it G-rated. There was one a few years ago who would pull any comic cover you posted that featured the typical scantily-clad women that Marvel and DC put on their covers. One kept pulling any post I put up with a Liberty Meadows cover on it. I found that ridiculous. :eek:

If CGC is willing to slab it....CGC should allow the cover to be posted here.

I have no issues with separate criteria, they derive revenue from slabbing books - they gain nothing by allowing their chatboard to devolve into titty posts and butt shots. There are plenty of places on my favourites bar the internet for that. :blush:

If they aligned policies, what if they went the other way and refused to slab a questionable book because of its cover?

Arch said yesterday in the other thread they'd like it to be PG-13 around here. He's said that before in the past as well. However, in the past it was also clear that at least one of the other moderators preferred it being G. I haven't seen evidence that any of the current moderators will yank PG-13 content. Has Marvel, DC, or has Liberty Meadows EVER had a cover that would be considered more salacious than PG-13? Pretty sure they haven't, so virtually any comic cover should be fair game. I know Frank Cho has a boob fetish, yet I still think all of the Liberty Meadows covers are G-rated. Below is an example of an exact image I've had yanked before, and it was only that post that got yanked, i.e. it wasn't a reply to a post that got yanked and mine was just collateral damage. Is this not rated G? hm

LIBERTY%20MEADOWS.jpg

I would get a another strike if I posted a gigantic weiner like that.

Who exactly are they protecting from these evil swear words?

I haven't to the best of my knowledge seen any little kids on here(adults acting like them at times, yes, but true little kids, no)

I belong to many different message boards, and none of them do this, but then again, this is the only comic collecting message board I belong to, so is this just something common to comic collecting boards?

Anyone who can access the intenet is going to run across much worse then a few swear words on a daily basis.

This just seems kind of silly to me.

They try to keep it G-rated. There was one a few years ago who would pull any comic cover you posted that featured the typical scantily-clad women that Marvel and DC put on their covers. One kept pulling any post I put up with a Liberty Meadows cover on it. I found that ridiculous. :eek:

If CGC is willing to slab it....CGC should allow the cover to be posted here.

I have no issues with separate criteria, they derive revenue from slabbing books - they gain nothing by allowing their chatboard to devolve into titty posts and butt shots. There are plenty of places on my favourites bar the internet for that. :blush:

If they aligned policies, what if they went the other way and refused to slab a questionable book because of its cover?

Arch said yesterday in the other thread they'd like it to be PG-13 around here. He's said that before in the past as well. However, in the past it was also clear that at least one of the other moderators preferred it being G. I haven't seen evidence that any of the current moderators will yank PG-13 content. Has Marvel, DC, or has Liberty Meadows EVER had a cover that would be considered more salacious than PG-13? Pretty sure they haven't, so virtually any comic cover should be fair game. I know Frank Cho has a boob fetish, yet I still think all of the Liberty Meadows covers are G-rated. Below is an example of an exact image I've had yanked before, and it was only that post that got yanked, i.e. it wasn't a reply to a post that got yanked and mine was just collateral damage. Is this not rated G? hm

LIBERTY%20MEADOWS.jpg

:cloud9:

Do you think they should be "G" rated ? I mean, we would be reduced to Carl Barks and Strawberry Shortcake :(

HELL no. :ohnoez:

I got suspended for talking about use taxes, i.e. those taxes you're supposed to pay on Internet or mail-order purchases at the end of the year, which isn't a deeply personal or controversial topic in the slightest and of definite interest to people who buy collectibles. Half of news headlines are apparently suspension-worthy, and not knowing whether you can talk about current events is overly restrictive.

I had a "two day wrist slap" just last week, for a gay statistics comment. I don't know whats worse though, the two days, or the fact that nobody noticed :cry:

The fact that you are upset that you weren't missed during a two day absence is another gay statistic.

:slapfight:

:banana:

I also have to say - thank you, whomever the mod was that cleaned up the mess I at least continued and then flamed further with the threads I got locked over the weekend.

I honestly probably did deserve a strike for needling CAL so badly.

:sorry:

-slym

Cal is a good example of someone who should have been banned long ago - no one else could get away with the stuff he does. But, I like him. Even if I'm currently back on his 'list.'

And why do YOU think CAL should have been banned long ago? What are the crimes you are charging me with that I keep getting away with? How can you like someone that has you on "The List" and knowing that once you make "The List" the chances of ever being gracefully removed is about the same chance of you becoming the POTUS???

Curious CAL who does not think fighting back and defending is a crime...

Sorry - no way in heck I could explain it to you Cal, you are incapable of understanding, but most here know what I'm talking about.

I was on the list once, taken off, then returned. So explain that.

Another gay statistic....,

Another gay statistic....,
:grin:
;)

Do you think they should be "G" rated ? I mean, we would be reduced to Carl Barks and Strawberry Shortcake :(

I got suspended for talking about use taxes, i.e. those taxes you're supposed to pay on Internet or mail-order purchases at the end of the year, which isn't a deeply personal or controversial topic in the slightest and of definite interest to people who buy collectibles. Half of news headlines are apparently suspension-worthy, and not knowing whether you can talk about current events is overly restrictive.

I had a "two day wrist slap" just last week, for a gay statistics comment. I don't know whats worse though, the two days, or the fact that nobody noticed :cry:

The fact that you are upset that you weren't missed during a two day absence is another gay statistic.

Button humped.

:whistle:

-slym ( :lol: )

Button humped.

:whistle:

-slym ( :lol: )

:popcorn: