• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I have a question about the IDW Limited books

5 posts in this topic

So the TMNT ones were just more deluxe versions of what they already had collected. I get newsletters for all the new IDW Limited releases, and sometimes see one I'd like to read but can't afford the $125 for the red label. Are all IDW Limited books also available in mass produced hardcovers? I've found that typically IDW hardcovers are very well made and at a great price.

I think that stuff is just for the diehards that only collect that series or what not other wise I agree with you the regular idw releases are pretty damn good quality for the buck ...

I am just fine with having the regular hardcovers in my collection & I can actually read them! If I had those expensive limited edition things in mine I wouldn't even read them & just leave them sealed & wind up buying the regulars to read anyways

Most of them also come in some sort of normal deluxe hardcover version under the main IDW brand for us peasants.

The IDW Limited brand's real draw is mostly the original art and things that come with the books.

All of the GI Joe/TMNT Classic/TMNT Current/Transformers stuff has had a normal hardcover version as far as I know.

Most of the IDW Limited stuff seems to take those hardcovers add in some artwork + signature + slipcase.

It's not a terrible deal but I can't see myself collecting an entire series of hardcovers if they are going to be at minimum $125 each on the cheap tier.

Niche product for a Niche collector. If TMNT was my absolute favourite comic then I guess I'd probably find a way to be able to have them.

I think that stuff is just for the diehards that only collect that series or what not other wise I agree with you the regular idw releases are pretty damn good quality for the buck ...

I am just fine with having the regular hardcovers in my collection & I can actually read them! If I had those expensive limited edition things in mine I wouldn't even read them & just leave them sealed & wind up buying the regulars to read anyways

im debating this when my gi joe black label arrives. really want to see the OA piece :eek: