• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CVA Exceptional? Really?

81 posts in this topic

The one thing I will say about the CVA sticker, it's presence will give me more confidence to bid on a Clink book. Because Clink does not show the Back Cover I often find myself shying away from certain books. If I see the CVA sticker, I assume the back cover is clean.

The one thing I will say about the CVA sticker, it's presence will give me more confidence to bid on a Clink book. Because Clink does not show the Back Cover I often find myself shying away from certain books. If I see the CVA sticker, I assume the back cover is clean.

That's a good point, I hadn't though of that.

In all seriousness I was super pleased with the one CVA book I have purchased (bought without any weight placed on the sticker in my decision). This was more about the lunacy of putting the sticker on a book that never should have even gotten slabbed.

The fact that ComicLink doesn't show the back cover is certainly a major flaw in their business model. Certainly hasn't stopped the train but still, a serious flaw in my opinion.

However, I was under the impression that the CVA sticker only applied to the cover....maybe I'm wrong :shrug:

Saying as a premise that "CVA" doesn’t make so much sense, or at least it should be built in in CGC grading (I am referring mostly to ugly miswraps or poorly cut covers), even a Bronze age book can be difficult to find with a well-centered cover. There are some cases of that…

That's a good point, I hadn't though of that.

Too bad about the 3" tear on the interior that the CVA sticker didn't warn you about :ohnoez:

Whats the point of a CVA sticker on any book.

$

I get the theory...but I purchased my first CVA book in the previous Clink auction (a $700 book per current market) for $500...

p.s. It had no bearing on my bid price...I would've paid $700 and slightly higher...