• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why do some stores get a special variant cover?

25 posts in this topic

I wouldn't feel the need to buy it if I were trying to be a complete-ist

Then... you wouldn't be a complete-ist. I'm still one for a few titles, but I'm mostly cured.

Good for them, but I don't feel the need to buy it as it is not an official variant.

It is an official variant, published by the comic publisher and everything.

Man. .......

Larry you are everywhere and usually it is a negative comment defending your variants. rise above it man. don't let the haters get you down. All you are doing is killing the speculators buy diluting the print runs on the next "hot book" Good for you ! I like the variants for the different cover art and the fact that your supporting the artist.

I am sure that it is exciting to be involved in the publishing side of the Business as well !

I Liked the fact that you used to let us know the print run on the Larry's wonderful variants

for some reason your are vague on the print run of the phantoms?

I don't like the fact that only 20 stores are involved that's BS !

Sooner or later another group of 20 retailer's is going to have one ect.... there will be more variants than regular covers, with no demand to match the different supply. (if you can coin up and do it so can 20 other stores right?

Either way there is so much negativity on these boards. Every one has a right to make a buck. No one is as bad as marvel.

Sooner or later you guys are going to eat some books.. The real cool low print run new moderns that the secret variant groups missed are the best books to grab.. PP, sixth gun, ect...

>>I don't like the fact that only 20 stores are involved that's BS ! <<

There are more than thirty now.

I put out a public invitation for retailers of ALL sizes to join.

Can't be more fair than that...

>>I Liked the fact that you used to let us know the print run on the Larry's wonderful variants

for some reason your are vague on the print run of the phantoms?<<

Publishers now give creators comp copies & there is an overprint for Diamond to cover lost damaged copies. I know the number ordered but am never privy to the exact number anymore. Only the publisher is.

>>I don't like the fact that only 20 stores are involved that's BS ! <<

There are more than thirty now.

I put out a public invitation for retailers of ALL sizes to join.

Can't be more fair than that...

>>I Liked the fact that you used to let us know the print run on the Larry's wonderful variants

for some reason your are vague on the print run of the phantoms?<<

Publishers now give creators comp copies & there is an overprint for Diamond to cover lost damaged copies. I know the number ordered but am never privy to the exact number anymore. Only the publisher is.

I think offering it to more retailers was a great move! I did not know that.

Thanks for the update on the print runs....

You are doing a cool thing if other people don't like it who care's. The different art on the covers are the reason to buy and its somewhat limited.