• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

would you pay 850 for the entire run of Walking dead 1st print?

117 posts in this topic

I don't collect nor read the Walking dead series but can someone tell me if this and the Mutant Turtles are the only independent's to be collectable.

Yes, the only 2 collectible independent comics are TWD and TMNT...all the rest are garbage.

I don't collect nor read the Walking dead series but can someone tell me if this and the Mutant Turtles are the only independent's to be collectable.

WD and TMNT are the leaders of the pack in terms of popular collectible success.

Next tier down for Non-Marvel, Non-DC books...

Bone, Mouse Guard, Maxx, Hellboy, Chew, Saga and plenty of others... though most of them are "collectable" for their first few issues only...

do non-key Walking Dead books sell?

I cant imagine there are people out there working to fill runs.... you're either reading it in trades, or have been picking it up monthly for a long time (Id think)

I could see there being a speculator market for non-key books that contain first appearances of characters (that haven't shown up on the tv show yet), but after that what are they $3-5 bin fodder?

Everything sells.

The first batch I've obtained from the seller was flipped a year later (yeah I regretted doing that, but needed the money) for 3500. I sold it through craigslist, got the cash and was happy.. I know I couldve made more selling them separately on eBay but as I said, I had mixed feelings about selling them. Im gonna hold on to those. I really believe in the longevity of this series albeit the TV show. So I guess Ill just wait for the seller to contact me 3 years from now for another run, which hopefully will have #1-7 ;)

I paid a grand for 1-50 last march and made 4x my money. It's not as hot now as it was then, but still a no brainier. Flip them to me for 1250.

On the other hand, I sold my run of 1-50 a few months before they announced the TV show for less than $500. :facepalm:

Don't feel bad. I didn't buy them to begin with.

Yes, neither did I... :cry:

Yes, the only 2 collectible independent comics are TWD and TMNT...all the rest are garbage.

:roflmao:

WD and TMNT are the leaders of the pack in terms of popular collectible success.

Next tier down for Non-Marvel, Non-DC books...

Bone, Mouse Guard, Maxx, Hellboy, Chew, Saga and plenty of others... though most of them are "collectable" for their first few issues only...

Cerebus fits that bill.

Funny how time flies.. The guy who sold me the entire run of WD books from almost 3 years ago contacted me yesterday (I saved his number and so did he apparently) and offered me a second batch of WD comics #8-148 all NM and 1st printings for $500.00.

IMG_0232.jpg

Any newsstand price variants?

Funny how time flies.. The guy who sold me the entire run of WD books from almost 3 years ago contacted me yesterday (I saved his number and so did he apparently) and offered me a second batch of WD comics #8-148 all NM and 1st printings for $500.00.

IMG_0232.jpg

Any newsstand price variants?

Ha! Nah but glad to see you on board Laze!