• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

would you pay 850 for the entire run of Walking dead 1st print?

117 posts in this topic

Aaaaaaaand... Its done

The guy even threw the special HC, Magazines, pins, Tshirt, Bookmarks.. Saga 1-12... All for an even 1000

IMG_33012.JPG

I'll give you $1500 for it. Right now.

$1,700 right now. Right now.

Because people want money and not hassle. The guy I bought my run for took my first offer and was tickled pink. He was getting 6x his money, and he didn't begrudge me 4x my money. He did ask after the fact how much I made. :devil:

True. Some people just want to make a little money and be done with it - simple as that.

Aaaaaaaand... Its done

The guy even threw the special HC, Magazines, pins, Tshirt, Bookmarks.. Saga 1-12... All for an even 1000

IMG_33012.JPG

I'll give you $1500 for it. Right now.

$1,700 right now. Right now.

Make it back on the 1, maybe the 1 and 2. Everything else is gravy. $1850

I don't understand why they came to the OP to sell it? Why not just place it on ebay at auction for the going rate? At least twice that right?

I don't know either. I was browsing Craigslist over the summer and saw a listing for The Walking Dead #'s 19-80 or so for $80.

After multiple emails asking him for pictures, a description of the comics, if there was "Weekly" written on them (questions that I thought would alert the seller), he still showed up with a box of comics to sell to me. Because some were in bad condition I got the comics, plus the first 3 trades, plus the short box he lugged them in for $70.

And this was on CL so he obviously had a computer and internet access at least for a little bit. Even if he didn't want to go through eBay he still could have used CL itself to sell the bigger issues.

I don't understand why they came to the OP to sell it? Why not just place it on ebay at auction for the going rate? At least twice that right?

Most likely a collector and not a seller. May not have any contacts.

But why approach the OP specifically, he clearly stated he didn't know the value of these books, so I have to assume he doesn't run a LCS. I can see someone come into a LCS and say will you give me $850 for these books or even someone that collects WD books. But how did these two guys connect?

I think it was a good score especially after reading all this.. I really don't know how easy its gonna be to sell them on eBay, but so far Im doing pretty well with ASM & Mutant titles so how much more difficult will this be?? Im a private collector and I do sell, but I wouldnt call myself a dealer.. But dang, this is really the first time I spend this amount of money on books.. They are seriously IMPOSSIBLE to get, Ive often seen ASM 300 and NM98 but never a single WD until today... So I guess I popped my WD cherry today... Im gonna go get some pepsi and refinance my car

Congrats Aweandlorder - that's an unreal score!!! Nicely done! :-)

If you do chuck the run on eBay - please let us know the URL. It's way out of my price point, but I will grab popcorn and put the recliner onto max for the last 5 minutes of the auction.