• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does this actually work?

6 posts in this topic

This is a link to an eBay auction of a Walking Dead 109 with a sketch done on the cover...

http://bit.ly/YynXeK

In the discription, it is listed that the book with come with a letter that "should" allow CGC to grade it properly. I didn't think that would be enough to warrant a yellow label. But rather would get a green. Am I wrong in this thinking?

It would have to be shipped from the artist to CGC with a letter. No middle man. But also would need approval from CGC first like with mail away opps. Since it has left artist possession, then a green label it gets.

This looks to be an auction from Tom Hodges' own eBay account, so I guess it hasn't left the artist's possession yet. He would have to mail the book to CGC directly, and as stated, unless something is set up in advance and a minimum quantity is hit first, it won't receive a yellow label. Guess I'll need to talk to Tom at next months' Long Beach Expo. :)

Joel

I emailed him about this the other day and asked if he would be sending it to cgc himself and his response was "No. I provide the letter of confirmation as to the artist and when it was done. The CGC part is all on the buyer."