• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phil's parking lot

244 posts in this topic

A les Paul can definitely be used for metal music. Zak Wylde is a big user of LPs. Mine isn't that heavy but a SG really allows for upper neck playing...higher frets.

If I spent my money in guitars instead of comics...I'd have some nice guitars! Problem is guitars don't really maintain their value and definitely don't increase in value except some rare exceptions

I play metal but 80s metal....Metallica, priest, ratt, etc

Zakk isn't my kind of metal. But yes, you can bastardize any guitar to produce a sound. Especially once you go active pickup the body doesnt really make the tone anymore. And I love 80's metal! But more Slayer, Exodus, Anthrax, Metallica (pre black) Venom, Etc.. I currently play a Charvel Jackson, its old.. But it has character in it's old self. Prior to that I played a BC Rich Bich for years upon years.

Whats up Bro.....I have no idea what anyone is talking about in this thread. lol BUT Metal RULES! :headbang:BFE5F84B-5CCF-4190-8E84-84890B496BA1-809-000000D6A57F6099_zps61fe5ea8.jpg[/img]

Sure, my band has a benefit concert for cancer (called Relay for life) in April 21st

Lets do a guitar battle! :)

I don't solo, and honestly I don't consider myself a true guitarist. I come up with good riffs and song structures.. But I leave live playing to the professionals. I havent had a band together for 7 years.

A les Paul can definitely be used for metal music. Zak Wylde is a big user of LPs. Mine isn't that heavy but a SG really allows for upper neck playing...higher frets.

If I spent my money in guitars instead of comics...I'd have some nice guitars! Problem is guitars don't really maintain their value and definitely don't increase in value except some rare exceptions

I play metal but 80s metal....Metallica, priest, ratt, etc

Zakk isn't my kind of metal. But yes, you can bastardize any guitar to produce a sound. Especially once you go active pickup the body doesnt really make the tone anymore. And I love 80's metal! But more Slayer, Exodus, Anthrax, Metallica (pre black) Venom, Etc.. I currently play a Charvel Jackson, its old.. But it has character in it's old self. Prior to that I played a BC Rich Bich for years upon years.

Whats up Bro.....I have no idea what anyone is talking about in this thread. lol BUT Metal RULES! :headbang:BFE5F84B-5CCF-4190-8E84-84890B496BA1-809-000000D6A57F6099_zps61fe5ea8.jpg[/img]

I was going to go to the Metal Alliance festival, but decided on day 2 of the Super Bowl of Hardcore at Webster Hall. Judge, Madball, Crown Of Thornz, and Kill Your Idols.

I always wanted an Explorer, like the one Hetfield uses but it looks cooler then it is practical, for me anyway.

I prefer an SG for playing metal. I have a Les Paul copy as well which works well.

I always wanted an Explorer, like the one Hetfield uses but it looks cooler then it is practical, for me anyway.

I prefer an SG for playing metal. I have a Les Paul copy as well which works well.

I really did not care for the way a les paul feels. It is almost like I have to force it to play. I would also like an ltd. something with active pickups.

I really did not care for the way a les paul feels. It is almost like I have to force it to play. I would also like an ltd. something with active pickups.

My brother owns a Gibson ES-295 reissue. Now that's a chunky guitar.

I think because I used an SG for so long that anything wider than a Les Paul I find to be strange to play.

Yeah those Hollow bodies feel weird. I had an ES 335 for a while and it sounded awesome but was so hard to play. I ended up ditching it.

By the way, anyone notice Graham Cracker comics has 5 threads in the sales forum? :)

That's funny. I love Floyd's but what a pain they are to tune...and I don't keep a floating bridge. I still have problems. lol

I'm not much of a whammy bar player except when my Van Halen playing comes out.

I didn't realize we had other guitar boardies. Cool!