• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proving DC comics is run by adolescent males Power Girl Gets back Boob Window

25 posts in this topic

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/04/19/back-in-the-boob-window-power-girl-gets-dressed-in-supergirl-19/

ou might have thought this moment may have been saved for her own title, World’s Finest… but in Supergirl #19, a certain Power Girl gets her long promised new costume.

That will please some people I’m sure.

137172.jpg

137173.jpg

DC needs to weed out the designer with the nehru / mandarin collar fetish and fire them on the spot. :sumo:

Maybe the Nehru was cool when the Beatles wore them. And maybe they were cool in the Matrix. Maybe. But good grief DC, way to beat an old design to death. :eyeroll:

Seriously, what are the odds the Nehru would be all the rage on Krypton, and Mars, and Oa, and Atlantis, and Earths one through frikin 52? :facepalm:

1250543552713_f.jpgNeo_the_matrix.jpg

It always looks weird to me when artists have characters' mouths shut when "talking."

Is it that hard to draw teeth?

Most DC books are written by adolescents for adolescents.

They know their market and they go for it.

It's true they know their market. No how much I search, I can't find a thread on here about Power Girl acting out of character, and I find only occasional references to her origin changing so much. Sternum portal makes the news.

They could've marketed it as 'by popular demand, a return to her classic, original, Wally Wood designed costume'.