• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic related non-comic "things you have"!

178 posts in this topic

I'm admittedly stretching a little here to join this cool thread. I've got a handful of vintage rock concert posters done by some of the best-known underground comix artists. Here is the "flying eyeball" Hendrix Fillmore West concert poster drawn by Rick Griffin, who was a frequent contributor to Zap, as well as a creator of a couple of his own titles:

605041-hendrix.jpg

Awesome poster. I have a repro of his Grateful Dead Europe 1990 poster on my wall at home.

Nice thumbsup2.gif I remember buying tons of Peanuts, Heathcliff and Mad paperbacks from the local used book store in my town, The Bookrack, when I was 8 and 9. Wizard of Id was also in my collection. When I go home this weekend I will have to dig them all out. I think I had at least 50-75 of them, including some of the first Peanuts books. Fond memories cloud9.gif

I guess this would be a good thread to post in since there are so many comic related paperback fans here. I came across these House of Mystery paperbacks which I have been wanting for awhile but I have no idea what a fair price would be or if there are even standard values for these. Here is a picture, they are 18.50 including postage (this would be a decent amount out of my monthly comic budget). Anyone care to lend their opinion on if they are a good deal or not?

HouseofMystery.jpg

BUY!

if you don't want to, I will.

Decided to take them. I found a few other copies in my searches....not sure if anyone would be interested but here are the links

http://www.alibris.com/books/isbn/1246115639/Tales%20from%20the%20house%20of%20mystery

http://illiad.biblio.com/books/3975949.html

Don't open it. If you do, you'll probably just be disappointed. Honestly, how good can the movie be? For me, at least, the appeal of a lot of these items is their goofiness. And sometimes, the appeal wears off and I want to sell my comic-related stuff to finance a book. In this case, the value of it will diminish.

But, that's just me. Do whatever will let you enjoy it most.