• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LOL! Black Cat's Cameltoe!

32 posts in this topic

Wow! The face is exactly the same blush.gif

gossip.gif

I was told by a CrossGen insider that Land draws almost everything from reference. I noticed it MegaCon -- he was doing a canned sketch for everyone and a friend of mine asked for something special. He almost said no until my friend produced some reference with exactly the pose he was looking for.

We asked another one of the senior CG guys a/b it and he said Land would usually look thru magazines to find reference and then lightbox it to do his pages.

We asked another one of the senior CG guys a/b it and he said Land would usually look thru magazines to find reference and then lightbox it to do his pages.

Yeah, and they featured him one time in Wizard, and showed which fashion ads and pics his covers came from. Apparently he's not so much an artist as he is a very skilled mimic.

On another note, I often wondered if the models and photographers could sue Land based on him using their likeness. Some of this riffs are from very famous people, and I've seen similar cases on advertisements come down against the artist or company.

It's very likely that Elle MacPherson doesn't even care....

he's not even an artist, he's a damn tracer!

Well, the guy has obvious natural talent for mimicry and has some ability, but doesn't seem to have that "mind's eye" that a true artist will.

Oh well, it's just funny books, not the Sistine chapel. confused-smiley-013.gif