• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman #20.... is it worth it?

12 posts in this topic

Hi guys and girls I just needed some advice.

I'm fairly new to collecting and usually with buying comics I refer to the OSPG to see if I am getting a good deal or not but they don't print below 2.0... so anyway I found someone who is selling a Batman #20 CGC 0.5 for $158 I was just wondering if that is a good price?

It's the first Batmobile too

At that grade it really depends on what makes it a .5 An otherwise complete book with off-white pages and a decent looking front cover ( even detached) and no back cover is going to be far more desirable than some soiled brittle copy with a chunk missing.

I'm fairly new to collecting and usually with buying comics I refer to the OSPG to see if I am getting a good deal or not but they don't print below 2.0... so anyway I found someone who is selling a Batman #20 CGC 0.5 for $158 I was just wondering if that is a good price?

I would suggest saving your money until you can buy a nicer copy. It is a great book.

I would suggest saving your money until you can buy a nicer copy. It is a great book.

This.

-slym

Thanks, I'll pass on it

None of the Batbooks past issue 11 are scarce. I'm surprised that a poor copy of that book goes for three figures, when a half-decent mid-grade copy goes for between $400 - 600. I'd wait for a 3.5 - 4.0 copy with nice eye appeal. They turn up.

None of the Batbooks past issue 11 are scarce. I'm surprised that a poor copy of that book goes for three figures, when a half-decent mid-grade copy goes for between $400 - 600. I'd wait for a 3.5 - 4.0 copy with nice eye appeal. They turn up.

Mid grade copies of Batman 20 go for a good bit more then $400 - $600. That price would get you a 3.5 - 4.0 though as you suggest.

Mid grade copies of Batman 20 go for a good bit more then $400 - $600. That price would get you a 3.5 - 4.0 though as you suggest.

I sort of meant that...yes, around the VG mark.