• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some tough GA books for sale

34 posts in this topic

Wonder Woman #96 8.0/8.5

A very tough book from a tough era. This book has a slight dust shadow on the top edge with some minor wear and a very light water spot on the back cover that won't really show up in the scan. Checking the census, there are only 8 graded copies of this book, with the highest graded being an 8.5 and a sale at $950 in 2008. Surrounding issues show similar census numbers but issues that have no copies above the VF range show aggressive prices. For example a #98 CGC 8.0 (highest graded) just sold for $1000 making this book tough to price. I'd be willing to guarantee at least a VF 8.0 grade from CGC although I think 8.5 is more likely. Asking price is $800.

WonderWoman96.jpg

What a beautiful book. :cloud9:

Got more Wonder Womans? :hi:

PM sent.

As a note, if anyone thinks my prices are outrageous, I'm open to listening. These are just really tough books with very little real world sales data. All books are guaranteed unrestored and I stand behind my grading. :cool:

Wonder Woman #96 8.0/8.5

A very tough book from a tough era. This book has a slight dust shadow on the top edge with some minor wear and a very light water spot on the back cover that won't really show up in the scan. Checking the census, there are only 8 graded copies of this book, with the highest graded being an 8.5 and a sale at $950 in 2008. Surrounding issues show similar census numbers but issues that have no copies above the VF range show aggressive prices. For example a #98 CGC 8.0 (highest graded) just sold for $1000 making this book tough to price. I'd be willing to guarantee at least a VF 8.0 grade from CGC although I think 8.5 is more likely. Asking price is $800.

WonderWoman96.jpg

WonderWoman96back.jpg

Roy,

What is the page quality on the book? Any edge tanning to the interior covers or pages? Thanks.

Ken

Wonder Woman #96 8.0/8.5

Roy,

What is the page quality on the book? Any edge tanning to the interior covers or pages? Thanks.

Ken

Slight interior cover tanning (not heavy - it's typical for a 60-70 year old book) and PQ is between off white and COW, but not a very dark COW. There is a very tiny chip out at the Comics Code stamp as well which I forgot to mention.

Just one book. A very attractive CGC 8.0. No probationary members, house of shame members or any other people of ill repute. Book was pressed. Price includes shipping within North America. Inquire outside of NA. I may not be able to ship until next week. SOLD

GiantSizeX-men1CGC8_0OWW1139032001.jpg

Congrats!!!

More books to add...

Strange Tales #110. Complete, attached at both staples, nice paper. Main defect is piece out at cover. There looks to be a tape stain at the bottom of the cover where tape was removed and there is a repair made - looks like a very thin strip of rice paper from the inside. Personally, I'd rather have the rice paper than the tape. If anyone is interested the repair is probably reversible although that would defeat the purpose in keeping the rip from getting worse. Technical grade is 2.0/2.5. A nice, readable lower grade copy. Asking $250. SOLD!

StrangeTales1102_0.jpg

StrangeTales1102_0back.jpg

The books in this thread are still available until I get them graded next week in Philly.

A new book to add:

Law Against Crime #3 VF/VF+

Very attractive copy of a tough book. Classic LB Cole cover. Apparently there are only 6 copies on the entire census with a CGC 7.0 being the highest graded copy. Some surface wear along the spine edge and some edge wear keep this from a higher grade. This copy would easily make highest graded. Very nice OWW page quality. No notable defects. Pre Code is going through the roof. I have no idea how to price this as there are no comparables. :eek:

Law Against Crime #1 has many more CGC copies available (11 on the census including two at CGC 8.5 (one being the Church copy)) and a CGC 8.5 copy just sold for $1300 in July 2012. This is a tougher book and used in SOTI.

Asking price is $1300 Book is no longer available. It's being worked into a trade.

LawAgainstCrime2.jpg

Is anyone else thinking that Skyman either has horrible aim or has completely lost his mind?

He could probably do worse. Anthrax could enter through the respiratory tract but he would have to drink the Vibrio cholerae.

I wish I had the money I would pick that book up just for the cover. Does anyone else notice the huge amount of racism on the Japanese guys face in the background with the huge buck teeth and squinty eyes. its so racist but I couldn't stop laughing.

Is anyone else thinking that Skyman either has horrible aim or has completely lost his mind?

He could probably do worse. Anthrax could enter through the respiratory tract but he would have to drink the Vibrio cholerae.

I think his gun shoots sideways. He should probably repair it.

I wish I had the money I would pick that book up just for the cover. Does anyone else notice the huge amount of racism on the Japanese guys face in the background with the huge buck teeth and squinty eyes. its so racist but I couldn't stop laughing.

Well, 95% of the japanese villains were depicted in a pretty caricatural way back then… lol

Skyman and the Face are cool characters, I’d love to pick up some Skyman some day. (thumbs u