• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can someone give me some info on this John Byrne Silver Surfer book

28 posts in this topic

You plan on picking up a readers copy?

Here we go.....I don't really read comics very often. foreheadslap.gif Is it a good read. If it is I might pick one up in Baltimore. confused-smiley-013.gif

No it';s not a very good read. Are you one of those people that don't read comics?

At the time this came out, Marvel was doing several one-shots. There was also the Galactus one, a Phoenix one, and a Classic X-men one.

Yea I mostly flip and collect for History or Cover art sake. There are a few I read, but not many. I just flip and flip and flip grin.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif

Sorry, how else would I be able to spend money on books that I want???

See.....

BUYING LINK

Not that many, but all FREE with flipping grin.gif

See.....

BUYING LINK

2 TICKETS PHILLIES VS ROCKIES 8/12 ROW 1 @PHILADELPHIA

I saw this and had to ask... was this that "Gay Day" where the protesters brought in this 'offensive' sign and two guys got up during the seventh inning stretch to make out?

See.....

BUYING LINK

2 TICKETS PHILLIES VS ROCKIES 8/12 ROW 1 @PHILADELPHIA

I saw this and had to ask... was this that "Gay Day" where the protesters brought in this 'offensive' sign and two guys got up during the seventh inning stretch to make out?

Not that I was aware of. I was a Rockies game, without and guy stuff (aside from the play of Philly)

I just picked up this book for $31. What was the deal. A one shot? I love the Silver Surfer and it seemed like a good price. Why was there only one issue and not a series. It is noted as Vol 2 #1?

surfer.jpg

Wasn't this one of the early direct market only books. Still got my copy... and remember it being the only thing that was filling in the Silver Surfer void between Buscema and Marshall Rogers.