• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robert Kirkman

30 posts in this topic

Be frank with you....

I am really disappointed in Tony Moore. He refused sketches just now! I stood in front of him and was stunned. Walking away from his booth, I had his sketches on my books for three years until now at C2E2.

What's up with him lately? All I know is that he sued Robert twice!

Charlie and Robert! Go rock!

Be frank with you....

I am really disappointed in Tony Moore. He refused sketches just now! I stood in front of him and was stunned. Walking away from his booth, I had his sketches on my books for three years until now at C2E2.

This isn't really new news. Tony hasn't really done fan sketches in years at Cons. He auctions a commission per day on ebay during his Con appearances (usually around $1k). There's been a few fans that lucked out and gotten quickie sketches at Cons when his booth is empty though.

Best way to get a sketch is attend Cincinnatti Comic Con which he is a founding member of or attend this FCBD appearance where he's sketching at. http://www.upupandawaycomics.com/

I believe that you may see Robert Kirkman at Image Expo, SDCC, and NYCC. That is probably the most he will do in 2013.

As for why he isn't doing more shows, I would think that the need to write several comic book titles on a monthly basis, run his own company/studio, work on a hit AMC TV show, and have a few minutes to spend with his family here and there would take precedence over signing overflowing piles of comics and visiting cons, but maybe that's just me.

As for Image Expo, I think more details would need to be announced before anybody can accept books in good faith of getting them done. This is a media event with some autograph potential, but not necessarily a "convention."

The descriptions I heard from people who attended the first one said that it was basically an autograph festival more than a comics show. If they get a similar guest list to last time it ought to be a great opportunity to get some multi-signed books and some more difficult creators. :wishluck:

Different kind of event the 1st time. Joel and I each facilitated the 1st show. It was a SS festival. Unlikely this time.

A FAQ has recently been posted:

WHAT IS IMAGE EXPO 2013?

Image Expo 2013 is a one-day media event, taking place on July 2, 2013 at Yerba Buena Center in San Francisco, devoted to Image Comics announcements and opportunities for press and fans to interact with some of Image’s top creators.

WHEN DO TICKETS GO ON SALE?

Tickets for the general public will go on sale on May 3, 2013 at 9 AM PT, and will be $20 for regular tickets, and $50 for premium tickets. Premium tickets will include exclusive Image Expo themed giveaways including comics and a t-shirt.

Retailers and members of the press will not need tickets to attend but will need to register.

HOW DO PRESS AND RETAILERS REGISTER TO ATTEND?

Attendance is free for comic book store retailers and members of the press. Please send your name and credentials to Image’s PR and Marketing Director Jennifer de Guzman at jenniferdeguzman@imagecomics.com.

WHY ON A TUESDAY?

Image Expo 2013 is a professional event, and many attendees will be members of the press and comic book retailer community as a part of their jobs. However, the tickets available to fans will allow an exclusive chance to get a behind-the-scenes look at the comic book industry in action.

WILL THERE BE VENDORS?

No. Image Expo 2013 is not a comic book convention. While we love vendor booths and cosplayers, Image Expo 2013’s focus will be on Image announcements and unique opportunities for press, retailers, and fans to interact with Image creators.

WILL THERE BE PANELS?

Yes. Keep your eye on www.imagecomics.com/expo for the latest news about panel topics and guests.

WILL THERE BE SIGNINGS?

Yes. Keep your eye on www.imagecomics.com/expo for the latest news about who is signing and when.

WHICH IMAGE CREATORS WILL BE THERE?

Image creators confirmed to appear at Image Expo include Image Comics partner and THE WALKING DEAD creator Robert Kirkman, writer and co-creator of FATALE Ed Brubaker, and Image Comics Publisher and writer and co-creator of NOWHERE MEN Eric Stephenson.

We will be announcing more special guests as Image Expo 2013 nears and there will be a few SURPRISE guests at the event.

I believe that you may see Robert Kirkman at Image Expo, SDCC, and NYCC. That is probably the most he will do in 2013.

As for why he isn't doing more shows, I would think that the need to write several comic book titles on a monthly basis, run his own company/studio, work on a hit AMC TV show, and have a few minutes to spend with his family here and there would take precedence over signing overflowing piles of comics and visiting cons, but maybe that's just me.

As for Image Expo, I think more details would need to be announced before anybody can accept books in good faith of getting them done. This is a media event with some autograph potential, but not necessarily a "convention."

The descriptions I heard from people who attended the first one said that it was basically an autograph festival more than a comics show. If they get a similar guest list to last time it ought to be a great opportunity to get some multi-signed books and some more difficult creators. :wishluck:

Different kind of event the 1st time. Joel and I each facilitated the 1st show. It was a SS festival. Unlikely this time.

Unfortunate.