• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Getting GPA Current?

265 posts in this topic

GGA GA books are tough with GPA and I've sold and bought many for way under GPA. It's a rare day I get a GA GGA book for under GPA unless Im taking the risk of buying raw.

Cheers

Oh yeah all boardies are welcome to Pm me all your pre hero Tos and ga GGA available books.

That's a great example of books that can defy OSPG and GPA. Archie 50 being one.

(thumbs u

I'm probably missing the point of this thread but here's how I use GPA.

They are a starting point that I use in trying to determine a books value.

I believe every issue trades in a bid/offer range. Sometimes the venue influences the price, sometimes the day of the week or the time is significant.

I need the notes and eye appeal of the current copy for sale.

I need to know the defects on similar issues that previously sold in order to determine whether the problems adversely impacted the final selling price. What was the page quality, etc.

Therefore, I am adjusting GPA's results for any book I am interested in and not simply looking at prior sales prices to determine what I should bid.

Then again, relatively little data is generally available for items I'm interested in.

Most, maybe all of my pedigree books are shown at lower prices (than I paid for them) on GPA and I have no way of rectifying this. I'm not selling any, but if I was that could be an issue as those books are specifically identified on GPA. That's something I'd like to see a way to correct. Maybe peds shouldn't be identified, I really don't know how you fix it.

Most, maybe all of my pedigree books are shown at lower prices (than I paid for them) on GPA and I have no way of rectifying this. I'm not selling any, but if I was that could be an issue as those books are specifically identified on GPA. That's something I'd like to see a way to correct. Maybe peds shouldn't be identified, I really don't know how you fix it.

Peds typically sell at much higher than their non-ped counterparts (outside of the occasional less revered ped like some of the lesser grade Twin Cities and Savannah ped books).

Lumping them in with their "regular" versions would artificially inflate the average price... of course I usually throw out the high and low outliers when Im trying to figure out the average market price for a book...

another way to solve your problem would be if GPA were to allow individual transactions (like when you bought your peds) to be submitted and listed in their database, so that your peds would show up with their actual recent sale prices, not just the ones that occurred in the few places where GPA takes its data from.

another way to solve your problem would be if GPA were to allow individual transactions (like when you bought your peds) to be submitted and listed in their database, so that your peds would show up with their actual recent sale prices, not just the ones that occurred in the few places where GPA takes its data from.

I purchased quite a few of them off Comic-link and they don't participate in GPA.

I think someone suggested they prohibited GPA from listing their sales data.

It'd be great if they allowed the new owner of a ped to provide proof of the sales transaction.

That likely has zero chance of ever happening.