• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Strain

80 posts in this topic

people are officially stupid. this is a comic book adaptation of a novel that is being developed for television. i don't think the monkeys on ebay realize this yet.

if you got em cash in while you can, then again maybe people are just that dumb and won't catch on and prices will hold. sometimes flipping comics feels like taking advantage of the mentally handicapped.

it's to the point that people aren't even thinking for themselves anymore. they just hear the words tv show and comics and instantly start pulling 20's out of their pockets like pavlov's dog.

yet another sign of the impending speculation apocalypse.

Are you serious? Have you kept up with the TV show so far. Its cast is killer even has Sean Astin. The dark horse comic books from '11 are going to spike higher and higher. Anyone that has been around can see that.

people are officially stupid. this is a comic book adaptation of a novel that is being developed for television. i don't think the monkeys on ebay realize this yet.

if you got em cash in while you can, then again maybe people are just that dumb and won't catch on and prices will hold. sometimes flipping comics feels like taking advantage of the mentally handicapped.

it's to the point that people aren't even thinking for themselves anymore. they just hear the words tv show and comics and instantly start pulling 20's out of their pockets like pavlov's dog.

Are you serious? Have you kept up with the TV show so far. Its cast is killer even has Sean Astin. The dark horse comic books from '11 are going to spike higher and higher. Anyone that has been around can see that.

This!

....the first series will take off soon.

This!

It's the book and not the comics that are being adapted for TV - even if the TV show ends up being a huge success, why would that influence the comic book prices?

This!

It's the book and not the comics that are being adapted for TV - even if the TV show ends up being a huge success, why would that influence the comic book prices?

It seems comics are becoming the R&D medium for Hollywood. If the show takes off and its fans want to collect everything about it, then I can see the prices of the comics increasing. With that said, I never understood the lure of loading up on the comic because of exactly what you mention above.

However, with the news of the FX order, anybody who originally purchased the first issue for $1.00 has already pocketed a nice profit.

Two more months until the pilot airs!

:whee:

The 13th so excited myself.

Yup. I'm so glad it has a Sunday time slot.

It'll officially premiere in Austin, TX in a couple weeks (ATX Television Festival).

We won't have to wait long to see Sean Astin make an appearance. Per IMDb, Sean Astin will be in the pilot episode.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/04/15/guillermo-del-toro-fx-the-strain-atx-television-festival/

I have a feeling this will be really well done. Is why I am holding on to the last 3 variant covers I have.

Plus I was tired of the lowball offers I kept getting on Ebay lol

Guillermo del Toro, Sean Astin, Corey Stoll (his career is going to sky-rocket after House of Cards), Carlton Cuse (screenwriter, Lost), Chuck Hogan (Prince of Thieves -- The Town for movie-goers), written with a definite end in mind (3 seasons) -- yup! this one is going to be a winner.

I was late to the game (Feb/Mar-2014). I have been kicking myself in the butt for missing a comic by Guillermo del Toro, nevermind the FX announcement in Nov-2013.

But, better late than never!

Ebay prices at the moment: #1 NMis selling for ~$50 right now (the variant: $70). But I have seen plenty of NM sets sell for ~$100.

I have a feeling this will be really well done. Is why I am holding on to the last 3 variant covers I have.

Plus I was tired of the lowball offers I kept getting on Ebay lol

:roflmao: so you want low ball offers on the boards. lol