• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Strain

80 posts in this topic

http://www.deadline.com/2013/04/corey-stoll-to-star-in-the-strain-guillermo-del-toro-series-fx/

Could be interesting with Carlton Cuse and Del Toro involved who both have other comic / manga adaptations on the boil. Not read The Strain yet... any thoughts? Will be checking it out later but it looks like FX has jumped in on this one.

Thank you Garf for the information. I thought I would just start a new thread to move it out of the eBay thread.

I read the article and it seems like the series is going through with the Congressman from PA district 1 playing a part in it. But it also seems like it is based on the novel. The comic books have Del Toro's name on the cover, so it can't hurt to buy at cover price with Rachel Rising and Hoax Hunters rocketing instantly without even a show ordered yet.

I see a few sites still have some copies left (Midtown doesn't to save you the time). #1 has a regular cover and a variant.

I just thought I would throw it out there as it popped up on the Deadline radar. Agree with Solar that it does not have as much appeal as something that has its origins in the comic book not the novel but will probably still give it a read. You could draw a parallel to Game of Thrones, arguably the most popular show on TV adapted from a novel. It's got massive appeal, but it doesn't mean that any of the appeal will transfer to the comic.... and Game of Thrones is as big as they come.

Hah seriously. I don't think TFAW has a maximum order for back issues, so it could have just been one person.

pretty much guaranteed it will be, 1 or 2.

Viper :taptaptap:

lol .......I haven't seen him post in a while....has he turned luker?.

Read 1 - 3 when they came out, but it got lost in the Image shuffle. Just picked up a run of 4 - 10 at my LCS, but they're so pretty (I don't think anyone's ever even flipped through them), I might wait and read the trade lol

So Midtown had 8 variants and 1 regular and TFAW had 67 variants when Garf posted the info. Everything is gone.

Yep, earlier today I went to TFAW and saw the #1 variant for like $3.20 a piece. I didn't know how many they had, but when I went back 5 minutes later they were apparently all gone, or the business just pulled the listing. Same thing happened on ebay where someone had the variants one minute for cheap, then the next minute the listing disappeared in a puff of smoke. Five minutes later the same seller reposted the BIN sale with more than 10 copies available for $19.99 ea. or something. The jungle telegraph travels quick nowadays!!!!