• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Ebay Last Straw

65 posts in this topic

You must get the police report and even then it will take daily calls and you reopening the case every time they close it. I had a guy buy a p4 processor, switch it out and mail back a burned up p3 and no heat sync or other parts. Took days and persistence to win the case.

EBay can be a strange place....just had my first odd encounter in awhile, as I included a bonus comic (a 1964 Action book) for FREE with a grab bag, and he had the nerve to complain it "wasn't mint" (never implied in the listing whatsoever). It was probably a VG or so, but it was a bonus FREE book in addition to what he bought.

"Ummm...ok" was my private reaction, but my email reaction was "sure i'll take the books back and refund your money". That ended as soon as he perused a Overstreet at my suggestion and realized he got a $8-10 book for free. Sometimes difficult buyers just aren't educated, I guess.

eBay also has strange concerns. Late last year, I bought a copy of Walking Dead Compendium #1 for a seller for $25 + free shipping. GREAT DEAL!!!

A few days later I got the book. It was shipped from Walmart.com Normally I would have taken to book, discarded the packing and packing slip and gone on with my life as usual. But as I was about to throw away the packing slip something caught my eye. It was an invoice for the purchase of the book. The person that bought to book from Walmart.com paid $36.00 and shipping. So I checked the name on the invoice to see if it matched the ebay seller's info. It did not. So putting on my detective hat, I started going through the sellers recent feedback for others that bought this same item to see if they still had the invoice that came with their book. Some buyers got angry that I was nosing into their business, but 3 other people kept their invoice with the book because it was strange. Even stranger was the fact that none of the other 3 buyers has the same purchaser information on their walmart.com invoice.

So obviously there was some identity theft going on. I emailed my findings to ebay. I even talked to customer service at ebay. I had 2 of the 3 other buyers that had discovered this contact ebay as well. eBay's one and only concern was if we had proof that the ebay account being used to sell items had been compromised. No concern at all that one of their members was perpetrating identity theft.

What makes this story even better if the fact that, being the good samaritan that I am :), I looked up the purchasers name online through public data and managed to find a matching name, address and a phone number. I called the phone number and left a message to have this person call me back, it was in regards to a possible identity theft issue. 2 days later I get a call back from a guy that was extremely rude to the point of being belligerent with me about, why was I calling, how did I get his phone number, the person I'm trying to reach is his ex-wife and how much of a C^%$#^* she was and F'off and don't ever call again.

At this point, I figure the universe doesn't seem to have a concern about this situation, but I'll be damned if I'm going to keep this book with the bad karma that is following it around. I took it to Half Price Books and donated it.

Have you guys seen how many Game Cube systems this guy has bought in the last month??

These are the items he's won. I count EIGHT Game Cube systems just in the last month.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidItems&userid=hunteralex2&completed=1&all=0&rows=50&sort=3&_rdc=1

I just closed my eBay store because I feel their Buyer Protection Policy places me at great risk for being defrauded. They now want a credit card to link to so they can pull a refund before I have the chance to defend myself. All this while a buyer still has the item they claim never arrived. I got on eBay to take a try at being my own boss..... unfortunately, somewhere along the way, eBAY decided I was THEIR employee, yet I'm responsible for any financial questions that arise...... sorry, I'm through providing the best of both worlds. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

What makes this story even better if the fact that, being the good samaritan that I am :), I looked up the purchasers name online through public data and managed to find a matching name, address and a phone number. I called the phone number and left a message to have this person call me back, it was in regards to a possible identity theft issue. 2 days later I get a call back from a guy that was extremely rude to the point of being belligerent with me about, why was I calling, how did I get his phone number, the person I'm trying to reach is his ex-wife and how much of a C^%$#^* she was and F'off and don't ever call again.

No offense, but that's a little weird.

Creepers gonna creep...

:lol:

-slym

I find it curious that you aren't the only person to say that. I was simply trying to inform someone that they had more than likely become a victim of identity theft. And also to illustrate how easy it is to get people's information nowadays. It literally took less than 5 minutes to find all of this lady's information. And it's free to the public to do so. No different than calling information.

The plus side, which I forgot to mention earlier was that about 2 weeks after this took place, the guys wife did call me and thanked me for trying to let her know. She also apologized for less_than_nice ex-husband's response to me. She had found out that these people had started several credit lines in her name and we charging them up. They some how had actually built her credit up some to get better credit lines and then were trying to max out those credit lines.

My motivation behind this was that I had been a victim of identity theft just a month before this. Someone had a reader on a gas pump that and got my card info and pin number and then emptied my bank account of $1500 from 3 New York ATM machines. I live in Texas and have never been to NY. I was simply trying to save someone the misery I had gone through.

And no return offense, but it's weird to me that most people today DON'T look out for the fellow man/woman. And therefore think what I did is suspect.

In the end, I guess it worked out fine. I just keep having the damnedest of luck when it comes to ordering that particular book off eBay. I just ordered #1 and #2 from another ebayer 2 weeks ago, and then got notification from ebay that seller was removed from ebay and I had to create a case to get a full refund. I give up :P

I find it curious that you aren't the only person to say that. I was simply trying to inform someone that they had more than likely become a victim of identity theft. And also to illustrate how easy it is to get people's information nowadays. It literally took less than 5 minutes to find all of this lady's information. And it's free to the public to do so. No different than calling information.

The plus side, which I forgot to mention earlier was that about 2 weeks after this took place, the guys wife did call me and thanked me for trying to let her know. She also apologized for less_than_nice ex-husband's response to me. She had found out that these people had started several credit lines in her name and we charging them up. They some how had actually built her credit up some to get better credit lines and then were trying to max out those credit lines.

My motivation behind this was that I had been a victim of identity theft just a month before this. Someone had a reader on a gas pump that and got my card info and pin number and then emptied my bank account of $1500 from 3 New York ATM machines. I live in Texas and have never been to NY. I was simply trying to save someone the misery I had gone through.

And no return offense, but it's weird to me that most people today DON'T look out for the fellow man/woman. And therefore think what I did is suspect.

In the end, I guess it worked out fine. I just keep having the damnedest of luck when it comes to ordering that particular book off eBay. I just ordered #1 and #2 from another ebayer 2 weeks ago, and then got notification from ebay that seller was removed from ebay and I had to create a case to get a full refund. I give up :P

how did you get in touch with the other people who purchased from the seller, aren't the names blocked?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/X-MEN-158-1ST-ROUGUE-APPEARANCE-CLAREMONT-STORY-PEDIGREE-HIGH-GRADE-9-2-WOW-/181129724596?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2a2c2c42b4

These kind of e-bay listings just frustrate me !! Look at his other ones 9.9 ect..... OMG ! I tried to send a nice message, that he was misleading and off about conditions and description ......His response was that's my opinion don't bid..... rouge joins? not first appearance. I don't know where to post this if its in wrong place i apologize !

http://www.ebay.com/itm/X-MEN-158-1ST-ROUGUE-APPEARANCE-CLAREMONT-STORY-PEDIGREE-HIGH-GRADE-9-2-WOW-/181129724596?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2a2c2c42b4

These kind of e-bay listings just frustrate me !! Look at his other ones 9.9 ect..... OMG ! I tried to send a nice message, that he was misleading and off about conditions and description ......His response was that's my opinion don't bid..... rouge joins? not first appearance. I don't know where to post this if its in wrong place i apologize !

eBay 9.2 :eyeroll:

Best part, it has a COA !!!!! .......Maybe it helps the value more :idea:

I too tried to point out politley to a seller a few weeks ago about his incorrect listing. He was selling a Batman #6 or 7 New 52 as a 1st print when it wasn't. Not only was the UPC # a 4 or 5 at the end stating a later printing, the cover was the light blue color or whatnot. We went back and forth with him telling me I didn't know what I was talking about when I contacted him about his "mistake". In the end I just said screw it.

Jim,

You should be protected from fraudulent buyers if you use paypal's system for printing out postage labels on your home printer. Paypal deducts the postage costs from your paypal balance and it's a little cheaper than if you buy the postage yourself from the post office. The best part however is paypal automatically assigns a tracking number to the postage for free. As long as the package is delivered to the buyer's address on file with paypal you are protected from a claim from the buyer that the package wasn't delivered. Even if the package is lost the tracking number proves you mailed it and paypal will probably rule in your favor if the buyer files a complaint for not receiving his package. I have been using this system for over a year with no problems.

Lewis

Jim,

You should be protected from fraudulent buyers if you use paypal's system for printing out postage labels on your home printer. Paypal deducts the postage costs from your paypal balance and it's a little cheaper than if you buy the postage yourself from the post office. The best part however is paypal automatically assigns a tracking number to the postage for free. As long as the package is delivered to the buyer's address on file with paypal you are protected from a claim from the buyer that the package wasn't delivered. Even if the package is lost the tracking number proves you mailed it and paypal will probably rule in your favor if the buyer files a complaint for not receiving his package. I have been using this system for over a year with no problems.

Lewis

..... Thanks, Lewis.....I should have asked you about this before I closed shop. I really don't sell much there anyway. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. I always felt that if eBay wants to refund someone MY money, they should use their own funds until it's proven that I'm in the wrong. I've always been a fan of the "innocent until proven guilty" concept.

I recently dealt with this same buyer, almost exact same circumstances. The item was shipped to one-

TAMI BOHNE (or Kathy)

4425 Valley Dr

BISMARCK ND 58503-8828

Though that's probably a relative or something. Their email address is- ptcmall@hotmail.com

and phone number-

(701) 527-5312

I sold the buyer a used but very good condition GameCube in box with game for around $110. Buyer contacted me days later to say the item was not as described, was not the same one pictured in my listing, all scratched, and would like to return for refund. I replied that they were free to compare the serial number to the one in the listing as I did photograph it for this very reason.

Buyer never responded, returned item. I reported buyer to ebay (as everyone who deals with this scumbag from now on should). Ebay did refund the payment to the buyer, but they paid for it, and did not take the money from my account. The buyer's feedback is set to private, which I'm sure is because a great many sellers have put comments about the buyer stealing from them.

Anyone who deals with this piece of needs to report the buyer to ebay immediately so that there is an ongoing record of the issues. Eventually he/she will be kicked off of ebay for good.