• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Ebay Last Straw

65 posts in this topic

So I have been selling on Ebay since 2004 and have had thousands of transactions ive been a Power Seller and Top Rated Seller at various times depending on how much I had to sell. I have stuck with them through all the crippling rule changes but this is the end.

Although not a comic purchase I feel as though everyone should be warned. A buyer bought a Nintendo Gamecube from me new in the box. They received it four days after they paid and said that the item was not new but scratched up and wanted a 60$ partial refund which was half of the total price.

Within minutes of them making this claim I responded to send back for a full refund because I now the item was infact what I described. The back of the box showed the system serial # through a panel.

I got a priority box back and was suspicious so I videotaped myself opening the box. The item inside was a trashed Gamecube with a different serial #, some old cords and a third party controller.

I immediately contacted Paypal and Ebay but was told I had to wait until three days after the case was open to escalate the claim. I waited the full time after a few conversations and having to fully re-explain the situation on every call.

I was told that because I got the item back that I had to refund them and yes they could leave me negative feedback and low DSR. I could not leave them feedback because not only can you not leave bad feedback for a buyer but this person had private feedback so the comments cant even be seen.

This person has 4000 feedback in 6 years and does not have any feedback as a seller so they obviously have a second account to sell. So I cannot even pay them back with a negative from a purchase.

Today Ebay went ahead and charged my credit card the full refund amount to them. And I have to file a police report to have documentation for Ebay. If they do not provide me documentation then Ebay will try and contact them. But all of this was on video remember.

So now the buyer is laughing with a new system and no doubt will throw salt on the wounds for me with low DSR and negative feedback but I don't care because Im done. Ebay has created a hostile selling environment where the buyer is never wrong even if caught red handed.

BTW Ebay policy is filing a police report for 250.00 and over but because another schmuck has tried to pull the same thing in one of my 5000+ transactions they say that I will have to file from now on.

So next time you sell a comic to a buyer like this and they send you back a box of broken glass or a ripped up National Geographic you will foot the bill and lose it all (item,money,feedback, dsr)

AND THE REAL PURPOSE OF THIS THREAD TO GET THIS GUY BLOCKED AND ADD SOME GOOGLE SEARCH FODDER

hunteralex2

Thanks. Blocked.

Sorry to hear about that. Consider craiglist next time. It's perfect for items like that. You can list free, accept cash only on pick-up. Or meet somewhere if you are uncomfortable giving your address over the phone to a buyer. I sell a lot on craiglist and have no problems with someone knocking on my door. Cash only on pick-up. (thumbs u

Craigslist is great.... BUT its hard to sell GameCube's locally for $20 never mind $120. Some items need Ebay but its just to risky to sell anything knowing that any time a buyer chooses they can scam you. As a buyer Ebay is great .. too great. I can buy a book read it and then return it for a full refund. Speculate on some hot items and then return them if the market crashes. Buy my wife a dress for a party and then return it for a full refund etc etc. Ebay created this problem and its unlike any other marketplace in the world. Stores take returns but have rules. Ebay has no rules. I have had buyers return things after the stated return times.. doesn't matter. Buy as is, no return items and return them for full refunds. Ebay has turned over and now has BUYERS PRAYING ON SELLERS.

Craigslist is great.... BUT its hard to sell GameCube's locally for $20 never mind $120. Some items need Ebay but its just to risky to sell anything knowing that any time a buyer chooses they can scam you. As a buyer Ebay is great .. too great. I can buy a book read it and then return it for a full refund. Speculate on some hot items and then return them if the market crashes. Buy my wife a dress for a party and then return it for a full refund etc etc. Ebay created this problem and its unlike any other marketplace in the world. Stores take returns but have rules. Ebay has no rules. I have had buyers return things after the stated return times.. doesn't matter. Buy as is, no return items and return them for full refunds. Ebay has turned over and now has BUYERS PRAYING ON SELLERS.

I guess it's easier to sell when you live in/near a major city.

You could sell it for a bit less on craigslist. You are saving ebay and paypal fees, shipping cost and materials., etc.

So, we shouldn't think that hunteralex2 is a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed and a wildly_fanciful_statement artist? He isn't an insufficiently_thoughtful_person nor a person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point? A real person_too_unaware_of_social_graces?

OK, gotcha!

(thumbs u

-slym

wow that is awful. Now you have me concerned. I sold a projector a few weeks ago and mailed it out, the kid says it showed up broken. I told him to mail it back to me for a refund, it has been 2 weeks and no mail back. I'm not sure if he will ever send it back, or if I do get it back I bet it will be scratched up or something ridiculous.

Can't believe people would turn it into something like that. Sorry for you OP. That really stinks.

So I have been selling on Ebay since 2004 and have had thousands of transactions ive been a Power Seller and Top Rated Seller at various times depending on how much I had to sell. I have stuck with them through all the crippling rule changes but this is the end.

Although not a comic purchase I feel as though everyone should be warned. A buyer bought a Nintendo Gamecube from me new in the box. They received it four days after they paid and said that the item was not new but scratched up and wanted a 60$ partial refund which was half of the total price.

Within minutes of them making this claim I responded to send back for a full refund because I now the item was infact what I described. The back of the box showed the system serial # through a panel.

I got a priority box back and was suspicious so I videotaped myself opening the box. The item inside was a trashed Gamecube with a different serial #, some old cords and a third party controller.

I immediately contacted Paypal and Ebay but was told I had to wait until three days after the case was open to escalate the claim. I waited the full time after a few conversations and having to fully re-explain the situation on every call.

I was told that because I got the item back that I had to refund them and yes they could leave me negative feedback and low DSR. I could not leave them feedback because not only can you not leave bad feedback for a buyer but this person had private feedback so the comments cant even be seen.

This person has 4000 feedback in 6 years and does not have any feedback as a seller so they obviously have a second account to sell. So I cannot even pay them back with a negative from a purchase.

Today Ebay went ahead and charged my credit card the full refund amount to them. And I have to file a police report to have documentation for Ebay. If they do not provide me documentation then Ebay will try and contact them. But all of this was on video remember.

So now the buyer is laughing with a new system and no doubt will throw salt on the wounds for me with low DSR and negative feedback but I don't care because Im done. Ebay has created a hostile selling environment where the buyer is never wrong even if caught red handed.

BTW Ebay policy is filing a police report for 250.00 and over but because another schmuck has tried to pull the same thing in one of my 5000+ transactions they say that I will have to file from now on.

So next time you sell a comic to a buyer like this and they send you back a box of broken glass or a ripped up National Geographic you will foot the bill and lose it all (item,money,feedback, dsr)

AND THE REAL PURPOSE OF THIS THREAD TO GET THIS GUY BLOCKED AND ADD SOME GOOGLE SEARCH FODDER

hunteralex2

If it's not the same serial number you didn't get the item back.