• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New 52 Power Girl Redesign by Kenneth Rocafort...

51 posts in this topic

Beyond the big boobs, is Power Girl even at all interesting? I don't think I've ever heard her discussed any where beyond her big boob costume...

Is there a point to this post?

Seriously - why does Power Girl have a belt? What purpose does it serve? The thing on the new design is even more worthless, it isn't even a real belt, just a cosmetic consideration of one.

-slym

Y'know, that's a durned fine question. Even in her early appearances in All Star the belt served no purpose. Zero.

Maybe it's just a fashion statement, like a navel ring, or a goatee, or a tin Mercury wings hat.

Beyond the big boobs, is Power Girl even at all interesting? I don't think I've ever heard her discussed any where beyond her big boob costume...

I'm honestly curious. Is she a compelling character or is it just the boobs? Either way is fine, but I'm wondering.

I used to work at a comic store and we had this one guy that would come in every Wednesday. He would hang out for at least 20 minutes looking through titles but he never bought anything. But when Power Girl came out each month he was quick to grab it off the shelf. It always struck me.

The short run when Terra was Power Girls side kick was a fun and great read, I would suggest it.

Overall though the problem with Power Girl is consistent writing, she has over half a dozen different back stories and origins that are mostly terrible. Much like Ms Marvel when the writers need to shoehorn a female character into a story for some something bad to happen to them, she is the go to character.

The short run when Terra was Power Girls side kick was a fun and great read, I would suggest it.

Overall though the problem with Power Girl is consistent writing, she has over half a dozen different back stories and origins that are mostly terrible. Much like Ms Marvel when the writers need to shoehorn a female character into a story for some something bad to happen to them, she is the go to character.

The same thing happened to Spider-woman, four different origin story's, all contradicting one another more than the bible.

Might be better when a good artist draws her.

power-girl-wallpaper-12_zps4402efa3.jpg

Alan Davis is a great comic book artist. There you go.

I'm honestly curious. Is she a compelling character or is it just the boobs? Either way is fine, but I'm wondering.

I used to work at a comic store and we had this one guy that would come in every Wednesday. He would hang out for at least 20 minutes looking through titles but he never bought anything. But when Power Girl came out each month he was quick to grab it off the shelf. It always struck me.

Are you saying you find the boobs on a drawn fictional comic character interesting? (shrug)

Why does she have a belt?

for gadgets

Such as...?

-slym

Maybe a 2 way radio with the buckle as the receiver and her ear rings have little speakers in them.

Belt? I thought it was a tiny hula hoop like that chick in the sig has further up. :P

I like it! Looks like an updated version of her original outfit. It's way better than her first new 52 costume, IMO. Did someone at DC invest in a Nehru shirt factory? They sure seem to be pushing that look a lot...

Two points. :insane:

Why does she have a belt?

It holds the nerd repellent spray.

Where? Maybe a nerd-repellent wipe, like in a packet you get from KFC to wipe the grease off of your fingers... but there is no room for a spray-bottle of any sort there.

I am being dead serious here, if you can't tell. WHY DOES POWER GIRL HAVE A BELT ON HER COSTUME? It would look just fine without it. The cape is useless too, but it identifies her as a "hero." The belt... not so much.

-slym