• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the deal with comic connect?

11 posts in this topic

I bought something on April 14th,the invoice still says pending.Do they take the money out of my credit card info? I just figured that it's taken out automatically.

It's my first time buying from them,so I don't know what to expect.

ComicConnect may not have the book. The buyer has 7 days to ship the books to ComicConnect and then ComicConnect ships them to you. When you take into account shipping times to ComicConnect and weekends, it could easily be two weeks before ComicConnect has the books to process and then ship out.

They can take a while but you'll get it eventually. If you give them a call with a gentle inquiry that may help the process along, or at least let you know where the hang up is.
(thumbs u Thanks.

When I bought from ComicConnect it took more than three weeks for the order to process (one of the two books wasn’t Metropolis but a consignment item). Then I emailed them and the Director of Consignments (which sounds like a cosmic entity straight out of the Marvel universe) reassured me the books were being shipped.

Then it took about three days to Italy, as they use FedEx, the weirdestly-timed purchase I ever had! lol

Oh and purchased March 28 and shipped April 10 to give you an idea. Of course it all depends how long the seller takes to ship to CC.

Wow. That suspense would kill me. I want my book darn it!

CConnect is pretty slow on getting back to buyers / sellers. I've dealt with them in both situations. In some instances, they don't respond at all. Can't understand how that can be when you are basically offering to put money in their pocket in both cases.

Every time I followed up, they tell me they have auction deadlines to meet or are busy with shows. Sounds like they're overwhelmed, understaffed or disorganized .... or a combination of sorts. It's ironic their website states their staff are "eager to be of assistance".

I tolerate the delays if they have a book I want, but I probably won't bother selling with them since they're non-responsive at times. 2c

Their shipping is real slow, nd they don't seem to respond to emails, but I've never had a problem getting through to them by phone. A couple of times I called late, thinking i'd leave a message but someone picked up.

I've only bought through their auctions, so their consignment service may have different models.