• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We collect but what do we HOARD?

118 posts in this topic

Some books appear on the market so infrequently, it becomes a little game to see how many you can track down. I'm sure my small hoard is just that compared to others.

ELrPNtL.jpg

RawampSlabs_zps482a2253.jpg

This is unfair, considered I still miss a #48… :(

Well, I guess this have something to do with the fact I’d rather spend money on an early issue I still miss than a #48, but nonetheless it’s disturbing to see all of them together… lol

I'm a HOAR. Der.

I have the Batman Vol 2 run in floppy, trade, digital and cgc slabs.

I like it.

BUT, I am considering offloading my raw runs..... I can see some pretty biiiiig sales on eBay going for runs of raw floppies!

This thread has me puzzled. The times I've owned two copies of the same book have lasted exactly as long as it's taken to list one on here or ebay and sell it.

Why own more than one, unless one's slabbed and the other's a reader? (shrug)

Yeah doesnt make sense unelss they are extrmeely valuable...

I hoard foreign key books as they are next to impossible to locate and some are now fetching $250-$1000

Because we like that particular issue?

:shrug:

That is EXACTLY why we have hoarded...I agree 100%

Wait, that is somewhat of a contradiction from the post of yours I quoted.

???-slym

Whats the contradiction? We hoard certain books because

A. We love the book

B. They have value potential

21 different Spidermans. Im still searching the others that are missing and hope to complete this foreign and variant set by the years end. The most difficult and rare are the Turkish Editions. The numbered Turkish were free giveaways in the local Turkish newspaper printing and contained 8 pages each. Im still missing 9 other Spiderman versions and just snagged a Polish version but it will take a month or so with shipping.

I present you my 21 Spiderman #1s....

Top Row Left to Right

1 O Homem Arahnha 1 (Brazil)

2 Mega Marvel 3 (Sweden)

3 Hämähäkkimies 4 (Finland)

4 ASM 1 (Japan)

5 Spiderman 1 Mamouth (Greek)

6 Complete Spiderman 1 (UK)

7 Omnibus Spiderman 1 (Dutch)

Middle Row Left to Right

8 ÖRÜMCEK ADAM 1 #N(Turkey)

9 ÖRÜMCEK ADAM 1 #1(Turkey)

10 ÖRÜMCEK ADAM 1 #2(Turkey)

11 ÖRÜMCEK ADAM 1 #3(Turkey)

12 Star Magazine 8 (Italy)

13 Spiderman Semic 1 (France)

14 Spiderman 1 Forum R15 (Spain)

Bottom Row Left to Right

15 Spiderman 1 (US) Color Bagged

16 Spiderman 1 (US) Color Direct

17 Spiderman Torment (Italy)

18 Hombre Arana 500 (Mexico)

19 Spiderman 1 (US) Gold Direct

20 Spiderman 1 (US) Silver Bagged

21 Spiderman 1 (US) Silver Direct

C360_2013-05-05-16-54-38_org_zpsc08b107a.jpg

C360_2013-05-05-16-55-05_org_zps447d61e8.jpg

C360_2013-05-05-16-55-21_zps1824b83c.jpg

C360_2013-05-05-16-55-55_zps8648bbc1.jpg

C360_2013-05-05-16-56-08_org_zps67f2c5d6.jpg

C360_2013-05-05-16-56-23_org_zpse0cb27d9.jpg

C360_2013-05-05-16-59-42-11_zpsaf05d4a5.jpg

This thread has me puzzled. The times I've owned two copies of the same book have lasted exactly as long as it's taken to list one on here or ebay and sell it.

Yeah doesnt make sense unless they are extremely valuable...

I hoard foreign key books as they are next to impossible to locate and some are now fetching $250-$1000

??? -slym

A. We love the book

The emboldened part above - I hoard (or used to, anyway) books that weren't that valuable. Your "A." above was never part of the original equation for you.

-slym

??? -slym

A. We love the book

The emboldened part above - I hoard (or used to, anyway) books that weren't that valuable. Your "A." above was never part of the original equation for you.

:shrug:-slym

I collect and hoard for A and B. You cant tell me that I dont. speak for yourself

I collect and hoard for A and B. You cant tell me that I dont. speak for yourself

I think Slym is just accurate when he evaluates statements, he did not mean to insinuate or despise anything… ;)

This rarely works in electronic writing, where what you "write" is hardly what you’d write, and where there is no systematic (pondered) exposition of one‘s own thought.

I think Slym is just accurate when he evaluates statements, he did not mean to insinuate or despise anything… ;)

This rarely works in electronic writing, where what you "write" is hardly what you’d write, and where there is no systematic (pondered) exposition of one‘s own thought.

that makes sense. I myself sometimes dont read posts right for their sarcasm or actual sincerity.

No matter what we say or misunderstand, we love to hoard or collect in hoards :)

??? -slym

A. We love the book

:shrug:-slym

I never said you didn't - I am saying that in the initial post, you said it was for one reason only.

But if you are going to get defensive then I will just drop the subject. All apologies for asking for clarification.

-slym

But if you are going to get defensive then I will just drop the subject. All apologies for asking for clarification.

-slym

He just did not understand, Slym, it’s so easy to equivocate in forum and electronic writing… ;)

[font:Book Antiqua]Calamerica Classic Picture...[/font]

:luhv:

155499_181856465158242_6684999_n_zps23280152.jpg

hm its funny that he doesnt have a restored copy at all in this pic. i know he buys alot of restored books. i assumed hed have one of these in PLOD

There is ONE on the lower right corner 1st row. I have since picked up 4 PLODs and still own the only GLOD ever graded.