• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help! How do I make contact?

7 posts in this topic

So I'm going to Denver Comic Con in 4 weeks...

... and there are some wonderful artists there, such as Dan Parent, Matt Kindt, Fiona Staples, and Amy Reeder ...

I'd love to get some sketch covers, and was told to try to contact the authors beforehand. But if I google, for example, Dan Parent, I get to his website which says "under construction" and no contact information...

Anyone know how I can reach out to these or other artists about scheduling a sketch before the convention?

Thanks! (thumbs u

Whereas it's nice to have an early request/paid for item - not all creators make themselves readily available like that. Neal Adams was great for it - but smaller time artists may not be able to get their name/brand out there. Of the ones I've approached in person - I've always been polite and they respond in kind. Good luck, sir.

i know for J.G. Jones i tired emailing him and he never responed, when i saw him at the con and asked him about it, his responce was he doesn't take pre show commissions bc his home time is for family and not sketching before the con.......or something along thoes lines

i don't know if he's changed his stance on this as it was 4-5 yrs ago

so even if you can get in contact doesn't mean they will do one and bring it to the show, don't be disappointed if they say no, nor be rude about it