• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay rant about raw comics

76 posts in this topic

Thanks for responses guys. Basically I need to stop buying raw books off of eBay unless its life or death. I'm going to assemble a list of what I need and post in the WTB forum which is what I should have done. :makepoint:

These kind of e-bay listings just frustrate me !! Look at his other ones 9.9 ect..... OMG ! I tried to send a nice message, that he was misleading and off about conditions and description ......His response was that's my opinion don't bid..... rouge joins? not first appearance. I don't know where to post this if its in wrong place i apologize !

http://www.ebay.com/itm/X-MEN-158-1ST-ROUGUE-APPEARANCE-CLAREMONT-STORY-PEDIGREE-HIGH-GRADE-9-2-WOW-/181129724596?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2a2c2c42b4

Fact: If you are generally happy with the raw books you buy on eBay, you can't grade worth a mess.

PSA>

I won't say I'm a good grader, but my way around this is that I've developed low expectations for ebay buys. That way I pay for what I expect to get and if it turns out to be better, what a bargain!

Just contact BeachBum he will take care of you for 9.8s.

As to buying on ebay there are all types.

There are the bottom dweller buyer who is trying to get a deal on a higher grade book. They ignore that little voice in their head that says this might be one to pass over and they buy it anyway willing to roll the dice. We all know its Snake Eyes.

The educated buyer that asks all types of questions about a book I grade 9.6. I like this buyer. They buy if they are happy with the answers provided and additional scans. Or are polite enough to point out errors they seller might not have seen by error, accident, or sometimes just ignorance. Alot of times this buyer is really looking for a 9.8 and it might be, but they understand that grading a raw higher is really risky.

The uneducated buyer who swears that VF/NM is a VF or that NM is VF+ because they have collected comics for 20 years. No other reason just that. This guy is the worst buyer and one to avoid.

The nervous buyer who worries about packing. Ask a ton of questions about how I pack before he buys. Again I like this buyer after they are reassured the book will get there safely. Again they ask questions before they buy. They will be your return buyer.

The reading buyer. Love them! All they care about is it a good read and want other suggestions from you after they are happy with books they bought from you that are good reads. My favorite buyer.

Someone else can do the sellers as I could list those forever.

These kind of e-bay listings just frustrate me !! Look at his other ones 9.9 ect..... OMG ! I tried to send a nice message, that he was misleading and off about conditions and description ......His response was that's my opinion don't bid..... rouge joins? not first appearance. I don't know where to post this if its in wrong place i apologize !

http://www.ebay.com/itm/X-MEN-158-1ST-ROUGUE-APPEARANCE-CLAREMONT-STORY-PEDIGREE-HIGH-GRADE-9-2-WOW-/181129724596?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2a2c2c42b4

:eyeroll: I just sent him an Ebay message telling him that thing ain't nowhere near a 9.2. Gleefully awaiting his response.

Fact: If you are generally happy with the raw books you buy on eBay, you can't grade worth a mess.

PSA>

Bought off of Ebay as a raw 9.2 :grin:

Avengers60.jpg

Wait a minute, that's impossible. You can't buy undergraded books on ebay. Several people in this very thread say so. :eyeroll:

There are plenty of people on ebay who can grade. You just have to find them.

OK, even 4 good examples cannot discount the dozens of crappy ones we hear about and/or have experienced personally.

Plus, I am pretty sure Dice wasn't being that serious with his post...

:whistle:

-slym

You know what? You guys are right. Don't bother looking at ebay for quality books. Really, just stay away. You'll only get burned.

:whistle:

:insane:

Here's the response I got:

If you don't like don't bid. This comic

Is part of a pedigree collection, and the grade was first assigned by the owner of the collection. If you don't like it,

Don't bid. Pretty simple I think. Pay attention to yourself and your site. Try that.

:grin:

:eyeroll: I just sent him an Ebay message telling him that thing ain't nowhere near a 9.2. Gleefully awaiting his response.

Watch out he is very aggressive. Threatened me ! told me to mind my business and not to bid on his book because i was wrong . I do believe there are great books on E-bay if you know how to find them. I was just using this as an example of what not to buy. The description is wrong and misleading . I think its just a young kid or something.

Watch out he is very aggressive. Threatened me ! told me to mind my business and not to bid on his book because i was wrong . I do believe there are great books on E-bay if you know how to find them. I was just using this as an example of what not to buy. The description is wrong and misleading . I think its just a young kid or something.

What do you care,he won't sell it for anything near a 9.2,if a bidder is so stupid to buy it with those pics he deserved it anyway.A fool and his money.

What do you care,he won't sell it for anything near a 9.2,if a bidder is so stupid to buy it with those pics he deserved it anyway.A fool and his money.

I don't care... I was just looking up some books and kept running into his listings. I then just sent him a nice message pointing out the listing errors. It was frustrating ! Like i said just a kid or something! You never know If it was me a while back (long time ago) I would have listened to some solid advice !

“YOU ARE BIDDING ON THE ITEM SHOWN. ABSOLUTLEY NO STOCK SCANS. INTENT TO PUCHASE IS WHEN ON AUCTION, YOU PLACE A BID, OR BUY IT NOW, WHERE YOU SUBMIT A BEST OFFER OR PURCHASE OUT-RIGHT!! PLEASE REVIEW EVERYTHING PRIOR TO PLACING YOUR BID. IM NOT AS NEW ON EBAY AS I APPEAR TO YOU. TRUST ME. I WANT YOU TO BE COMPLETELY HAPPY WITH YOUR PURCHASE AND MY "BULLET-PROOF" PACKING! HAVE A GREAT DAY. THIS OUTLINES MY GUIDELINES AND THE BACKBONE BEHIND A SUCESSFUL TRANSACTION, RUN SMOOTHLY WITH NO HICCUPS. EASY FOR BUYER, EASY FOR SELLER, NO STRESS!”

:eek:

That "pedigree" was offered by Kermit's pad comics. Suffice it to say I've never agreed with any of the grades on anything I've ever seen for sale by them.