• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C2E2 + April 25-27, 2014, It's Never To Early.

145 posts in this topic

This year's show is still great for comic books. I picked up a lot of stuff that I've been looking for on the cheap... Just had to dig through boxes a bit like the best finds generally are. Artist alley is better than last year IMHO and the toy and poster fans will be pleased as well. If you're on the fence about going... Go. I believe there are still single day tickets available.

I can't even believe the amount of great deals I've gotten on books the past couple of days. So many good deals in the $1, $2, and $5 boxes. This is my first con, and I thought you would have to pay the artist/writer for a signature, so it was a pleasant surprise when I got 5 autographs on my Batman Eternal #1 without paying anything extra :) Still missing that Synder sig, every time I walk over to that area the line never seems to get any shorter :pullhair:

The show is in the South Building this year. The lot that the website was recommending (Lot B) is outdoor. I've parked there before, but I don't know that I would recommended it with rain being predicted this weekend. I'll park in a covered lot and snake my way through the halls.

I parked in the Parking lot A which is off cermak. Indoors. $21.

+1 Definitely use Parking Lot A.

How do you get to this parking lot? Is that a specific address? I'm always led to the outdoor lot that's about a 15 minute hike, UGH. Also, any better deals than $21/$22 parking? Can't believe I'll be paying $66 in parking just for the weekend :(

Wait who was your 5 autographs?

I can't even believe the amount of great deals I've gotten on books the past couple of days. So many good deals in the $1, $2, and $5 boxes. This is my first con, and I thought you would have to pay the artist/writer for a signature, so it was a pleasant surprise when I got 5 autographs on my Batman Eternal #1 without paying anything extra :) Still missing that Synder sig, every time I walk over to that area the line never seems to get any shorter :pullhair:

How busy was Batman artist Jason Fabok's line? He has done the Batman covers in years in my opinion the Detective Comics #27 1:100 variant and the Batman Eternal #1 cover simply breathtaking.

Not busy at all. He's a great guy and had the originals for both those covers at his table!

Overall a great experience for my first ever Comic Con. Friday and Sunday the crowds were managable and I was able to get to the booths I wanted to get to. Saturday was absolutely crazy, but it did give me the opportunity to get my head out of long boxes and do fun things with my son, he really enjoyed all the cosplay and naming all the super heroes walk by.

Overall I believe I spent around $1k on comic books...and the most expensive one was $80 :x I found a lot of great deals :)